Cococay Barbeque

anadi

Personally, I always like to get to the BBQ when it first opens, because I get a little uncertain about food that sits out for awhile. The food at CocCo Cay's BBQ is VERY good....and is kept on ice (in regards to the salads).....I never saw many flies around the island. ENJOY~wish I was going too!

We were on MOS 1/22/06 and we were at Coco CAy the next day. We waited for no lines. The fruit was fine and so was the salads. The burgers were overcooked and not worth eating. The corn tased like frozen pieces. The chicken... just did not appeal to me either. Now the ribs were wonderful!

There were no flies but there were lots of hens running around the tables and scratching in the sand. They looked very healthy, in fact far better than the vagabond chickens of Key West. I did see a few signs asking guests not to feed the birds, but folks were giving them food scraps anyway.

I really liked the bar-b-que food. The writer above must have been there on a bad day. My husband was hungry so we were among the first in line, but there was plenty of food for a long time. I think around two or two thirty, staff began to close down the cooked food lines, but had some cookies and brownies longer.

I don't know if I'd call the chickens healthy. We saw two of them drinking from a glass of beer that a man had left next to his lounge chair. I've heard of marinating chickens in beer, but I don't know about marinating them before they are even dead.

Personaly, I've always found the BBQ's at Coco Cay and Labadee overrated. All the food is the pretty much the same burgers, hotdogs, and chicken sandwiches as what is offered everyday for lunch in the Windjammer. The ribs are good, but not great. Of course, food is a very personal and subjective thing, and this is just MOHO

Thanks everyone! We want to go to the far side of the island, where I hear it is less crowded. My parents won't want to walk that far, so maybe we can meet them to eat. My mom can't be in the sun much. Is there a covered area to eat lunch in, or umbrellas or something shading the tables? Thanks.

We liked the BBQ on Coco Cay, just did not like the rude older people who shoved their way through the line... this happened throughout the cruise in Windjammer also...

I loved Coc Cay and took a bunch of pics looking out at Grandeur when we were there last May...

Archived