Grand suite on the Oasis of the seas

On 10/1/2021 at 5:37 PM, bajathree said:

IMO suite class on Royal isn't worth it...the sweet point for me on Royal is a JS....not worth the added price tag for full suite services on Royal. If you are going to go full suite...do it on Celebrity...especially Edge class where you have the Retreat and will get totally spoiled.

haven on ncl is better since you dont have to leave the complex to get the benefit nor are haven restaurants seated shoulder to shoulder with your neighbor like the X suite restaurants. also while ive never been on celebrity i have researched the cabins on summit extensively. at least on that ship the sky suite , newly decorated, is embarrassing to look it. def pays to get one of the higher levels of suites. but for unique rooms i love the look of the suites on royal, ncl doesnt have 2 story suites or even a sliding board in them lol. 

18 minutes ago, tomservo said:

I agree with a lot of what @reallyitsmema said, unfortunately you're not getting a lot of the suite perks because of Covid. Normally you would be able to get priority seating, reservations, boarding, restaurants, etc but because of limited capacity and social distancing, they've mostly eliminated those perks. Fortunately for us we've already been in contact with the Oasis concierge and have already made our dinner and show reservations for the week, so we're at least getting that benefit.

I do agree with you about the GS itself from what I've seen in pictures, it does look dated and I'm not a huge fan of the bathroom. It seems that some updates from the Amplification were not prioritized in the GS. We have a bids out on Royal Up, I will be happier if we get a better room but will be ok if we get stuck with the GS as well. Even the 2 bedroom GS looks much nicer.

Regarding the coffee maker, I am surprised that it is only a Mr Coffee machine, all the Haven rooms have Nespresso type machines, at least on the newer ships.

Finally I wanted to note that one suite perk on Oasis that I am looking forward to is the drinks in the suite lounge. You should be able to get beer/wine (from a list) 11am-11pm every day, and mixed drinks during the cocktail hour, including during lunch and dinner at CK. We are not big drinkers and don't have a drink package but I do look forward to complementary drinks during meals and in the lounge during the day.

Yes the free drinks would’ve been a perk but we had the drink pkg so didn’t bother going to the suite lounge for drinks. 
Hopefully you’ll get a royal up to star where you’ll get something from your premium. Enjoy either way, it was still a great cruise!