Aqua Class

MLP12

18 hours ago, marieps said:

Apparently you've never sailed Regent or Oceania.  Smart Casual every night.   No tux, no fuss.

Not what I meant. I meant when people spend more for Aqua or Suite class, and there is a separate dining area.  Not which cruise line.

Also, new jeans on a trim person, look very different than baggy jeans on a less than fit person. (and I include myself there). 

18 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Just an FYI, children are allowed in Blu but because of the two person rule they are rare. You also see some children who are staying in Suites.

In the last ten years or so Tuxes are rare.

Well....I see tuxes still and I cruise 3x year for the past 10+ years. More so during the holidays.  You almost never see children in Blu. In order for kids to be in Blu they would have to have 1 kid and 1 adult per Aqua cabin. Suites are different as children are welcome.

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

Well....I see tuxes still and I cruise 3x year for the past 10+ years. More so during the holidays.  You almost never see children in Blu. In order for kids to be in Blu they would have to have 1 kid and 1 adult per Aqua cabin. Suites are different as children are welcome.

I believe that’s what I said, you can also have families with two rooms, two adults in one cabin,two kids in another. 

I said tuxes are rare which I stand behind.

Edited by dkjretired

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, Elvis1209 said:

I'm sailing on Silhouette in Feb. of 2023.   I'm going to bring my tux!   I love to wear it!  Since they relaxed the dress code it doesn't get much use!

Elvis

Could I have another scotch on the rocks?

Oh I’m sorry!  I thought you were a waiter.

(Downton Abbey)

• 1 year later...
On 10/5/2021 at 4:01 PM, hcat said:

Most dress up  a bit on chic night in BLU...non formal but a step up.

Jeans , eh????

on our  recent  Carib Ascent cruise in BLU..  we saw  upscale resort wear  for male and female cruisers...very Palm Beach!    Not many in jeans and   NO ripped ones.

Lots of fancy sparkles and dressy outfits for ladies,  and  for men, dress   shirts ..silkTommy Bahama Island style  for formal nights!  NO Tuxedos  and some jackets for men. A step up from the casual nights....all very modern  chic!

.. The  few "non conformists"  in "going  to Walmart clothes" stood out but no one cared!

Edited by hcat

On 5/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, Elvis1209 said:

Funny story:  at my retirement dinner I wore my tux.  People were actually giving me their drink orders!!!!

Elvis

I don’t believe this story.  Everyone knows that Elvis always wears a white jumpsuit.  🙃

Edited by zitsky