For Those Sailing Thanksgiving Weekend

naxer

How, when, are you doing the Covid test?  We're on the Mardi Gras on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, (Nov. 27) and I figured I needed to start paying attention and figuring out what we need to do, since we're also flying down the day before (Nov. 26, preceded by a 4 hour drive to the airport).  I'm wondering how well this is going to go finding, or taking a test, on Thanksgiving or Black Friday, or even Saturday morning? 

The proctored home test is supposed to be available 24/7. Thought somebody posted the online proctor is in India, which if correct, would not be affected by our holiday schedules. You can do the home test from your hotel room the night before.

I would just do the BinaxNow proctored test. As you stated many places won't be open on Thursday except maybe urgent care centers. Even though the test is covered, the urgent care fees are not (you have to pay your co-pay). The BinaxNow test can be done at your convenience, in about 20-30 minutes, 24/7, at your home. I wouldn't even stress it and go that route. People will have the same issue over XMas/New Years. 

My breeze leaves on a monday, so sat or sunday testing. Some labs are closed on weekends. It's more than 2 holidays affected by 2 day testing.

Hopefully it's not a issue when I sign up this weekend. 

Lol the good news is Sunday hotels a lot cheaper than fri or sat.

We're on the ship with you.  But we live in FL.  We're planning on testing the 26th at CVS or Walgreens before heading down.  we'll get the Emed kit just to be on the safe side.

There is a test site at MCO which should be open.

Brevard County Health has a test site on Merritt Island if you're traveling to PC for the night.

Do a search for both and get contact information on hours and if open on Black Friday.