Allure of the Seas to Wonder of the Seas.

Our cruise on Allure of the Seas has been cancelled and repositioned, and the ship replaced by Wonder of the Seas.

We seem to have been waiting a long time to receive the new cabin allocation. Our travel agent has been told to stop ringing RCCL asking for information and they will let us know when they have made the changes. One of cabins has been re allocated but no news on others.

Has anyone received their new allocation yet please. ?

Many thanks.

I know there is another thread, but I will asnwer here for you anyway:

We had three cabins in a row, with linked reservations on the spring TA.  Those were Central Park cabins.

Of the three:

One is now reassigned as a Central Park Balcony (happened last weekend), one is now a balcony gty and one has not yet been ressigned at all.  All three were booked on the same day at the same time.  I have no idea how they decide which ones to allocate where or when.

Luckily we are all adults and don't mind too much if we get split up, so long as we all get balconies, preferably in Central Park.

I don't think C&A status matters either.  The one that is still a Central Park has a D+ and a D in it as does the one not assigned anyhting yet.  The one that is now a gty has only a platinum and a new cruiser.

Edited by xxHadleyxx

And don't panic when you receive your new booking and it shows an extremely high fare.  Give it a few days and it will revert to what you had on Allure.  I about had a heart attack when mine initially arrived with an $18K fare when I only owed $6K (I'm in an Owner's Suite hence the high price).  After a day or two it reverted to what it had been on Allure.  It's happening to just about everyone I think.

We still haven’t heard any more about three of our four linked cabins. Am very disappointed that linked cabins would not be allocated early on, especially before booking open for new customers. Suppose we have to wait till 13th, then decide if we want to cancel. 

@Reina del MarYour cabins will be allocated, they held back all the suites to allocate them to transferred guest. If you aren't staying in a suite, you will get like accommodations. They had to open the bookings, otherwise the sailing wouldn't happen. I get the frustration but there are thousands of people affected by this and they have to do them manually. You still have 5 days and then another week if you don't like where they put you cancel.

I appreciate there is a lot of work to do, but feel RCCL should still have made the changes earlier, before opening to new bookings. I didn’t think Wonder was much larger than Allure, so re allocating shouldn’t have been that difficult. Further , when four cabins are linked, they are only offering like for like if the four cabins are  adjoining on new ship.

28 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

If you aren't staying in a suite, you will get like accommodations. They had to open the bookings, otherwise the sailing wouldn't happen.

Its not just a suites problem. There are limited numbers of cabins which can hold 5 people. People had also connecting cabins and cabins purchased in specific areas of the ship.

Also, I don't buy the claim they had to open. They opened for sale 3 weeks before they claim the moves will be complete. This is the self proclaimed biggest, newest cruise ship in the world and the sailing dates are several months away. If RC needed those 3 weeks to sell the required cabins to make it viable then they've got serious problems. 

We are on the July 31 cruise.  When we found out about the ship swap our TA called immediately, she was told our original cruise was canceled and if we wanted to be on the Wonder it would be $14000 more (3 cabins, 10 people).  She fought with Royal and ended up contacting Mast, an organization our TA uses for issues with travel.  Ended up with same cabins and original pricing honored.

That sounds good work by TA.
Our email from Royal said transferred cabins would be price protected…but not impressed with RC’s handling of situation. Our TA has tried hard Bu has been dealing with very rude customer service agents…think she may have been black balled due to the number of calls she’s made!

It has been a mess for us.  5 cabins all together (3JS and 2 CP balconies for minors) they reassigned our rooms…minors on 10 adults on 7…hours on the phone and days waiting for call backs..somewhat acceptable solution..but $1600 price increase on one room…still have to fight that battle.  Had to escalate to resolutions then revenue.

my advice is don’t wait till the 13th…if you don’t take charge of your booking you may be out of luck.

• Thanks 1

I can't really agree that RCG should have made changes before opening the bookings. Because they started manually moving people before the bookings opened up, it is just they couldn't do everyone's before they would have to put the ship up for bookings. I am sure there is a certain criteria when it comes to sailings. I am also sure that RCG held back rooms based on algorithms and criteria but they just may not be able to accommodate everyone as each ship may have a difference in layout based on bells and whistles. I understand there are a limited number of suite, room to accommodate 3,4,5+ pax which is why they asked for time to complete this.