Amex offer - $350 off $1,000 - expires 12/31/21

Question for those who have experience with this. Appreciate your help.

my new reservation on 3 night is 800, can I add prepay gratuities to my reservation to being my threshold close to 1000$ to trigger the offer?

Even if I could, if will still put me close to 975$, anything else I can add onto my reservation?

6 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

Question for those who have experience with this. Appreciate your help.

my new reservation on 3 night is 800, can I add prepay gratuities to my reservation to being my threshold close to 1000$ to trigger the offer?

Even if I could, if will still put me close to 975$, anything else I can add onto my reservation?

Insurance, if you are into that. 

5 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Insurance, if you are into that. 

Thanks good suggestion, I generally don’t get insurance but I can look into that. Thanks. 

so insurance would trigger the offer? Tried and tested ?

21 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

you could see about adding prepaid gratuities or upgrade room

Actually I had previously added gratuities and moved up to a suite. With this being only a four night cruise, RCI’s cruise insurance was cheap. Added it and it just placed me over the needed threshold. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

Thanks good suggestion, I generally don’t get insurance but I can look into that. Thanks. 

so insurance would trigger the offer? Tried and tested ?

I haven’t tested anything. But insurance through RCCL adds to the total charge and isn’t charged separately. 

I accepted the offer for the 500 off 1500, unfortunately I had made final payment 2 months ago.  I do have Royal Up bids, any reports of this working with Royal Up?  Is it worth increasing bids knowing this credit may be there….I have a couple of bids in that total above $1,500, I would increase each bid by $250 pp if I knew it worked to increase my odds but as it is I won’t My cruise is in 2 weeks, I will report back if it works, but I am hoping someone here may have the answer so I can increase

Edited by MikeKl

34 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Actually I had previously added gratuities and moved up to a suite. With this being only a four night cruise, RCI’s cruise insurance was cheap. Added it and it just placed me over the needed threshold. 

So does adding insurance triggered the offer. Did you receive the email confirmation ?

17 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Does anyone know if buying the beverage package would trigger the Amex offer? 

What triggers the offer is not adding any one thing. You must charge a total of whatever your offer is. In my case it was $1500.00 charged by RCI to receive the $500.00 credit. As far as booking things like drink packages/excursions I suggest checking with Amex. Some say you can do it and the fine print states that it cannot be used for on board purchases. Not sure how they’re defining this. Would hate to see people adding things on to receive the deal and then be denied.

Does anyone know if I apply for an AMEX card, if I would receive this offer? I have seen one person on this thread apply for the Blue card but did not get the offer. I was wondering if any new AMEX member had luck receiving this offer.

5 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

Does this only work for the cruise payment or will it work for the beverage or dining package too?

I’m hoping someone can let us know! I would gladly get the drink package if I knew I could get $500 or $350 back. We have the 2 bigger offers.  

For anyone who does not see the offer, I did not have the offer either on any of my 3 Amex cards. I added multiple random offers (over 25 on each) logged out and logged back in and the offer appeared. Apparently, you have many more offers than you can see.. they rotate more once you have added some of the offers to your card to replace the ones selected. 

Edited by Fury1995

15 minutes ago, Fury1995 said:

For anyone who does not see the offer, I did not have the offer either on any of my 3 Amex cards. I added multiple random offers (over 25 on each) logged out and logged back in and the offer appeared. Apparently, you have many more offers than you can see.. they rotate more once you have added some of the offers to your card to replace the ones selected. 

What specific AMEX card do you have that you got the offer on?

2 hours ago, binro01 said:

Does anyone know if I apply for an AMEX card, if I would receive this offer? I have seen one person on this thread apply for the Blue card but did not get the offer. I was wondering if any new AMEX member had luck receiving this offer.

I applied for and was approved for the Platinum card and did not get the offer. 

I have requested a Gold Card for an authorized user so I’m hoping it will be available on that card. 

47 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

What specific AMEX card do you have that you got the offer on?

After going through the process of "reloading" the offers, it showed up on my Gold Card, Blue Cash Everyday and Everyday Preferred. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 10:20 AM, CruiszBug said:

Mine is $200 off a $500 spend... woohoo!

Ours was also $200 off a $500 spend on our amexblue.  Purchased  3nt dining pkg and soda beverage pkg for the 3 of us tonight and already got an email from Amex saying the offer was redeemed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

How do you reload the offers?

Only 100 offers will be shown at any time.. but there are several more.. If you add a couple dozen offers to your card then log out and log back in, you will see more offers totaling 100 available again, excluding the ones you've already added.