Diamond drink voucher: can we, I do this?

I know how it works, but answer this specific scenario: I purchase premium drink package. My wife purchases the refreshment package. My wife uses her 4 drinks and wants a 5th. Can I go get her a 5th using one of my vouchers, indicating to the bar tender this is a diamond voucher drink from my 4 vouchers? And say can I buy a friend a drink, indicating this is a diamond voucher drink?

1 minute ago, SlightDraw said:

I know how it works, but answer this specific scenario: I purchase premium drink package. My wife purchases the refreshment package. My wife uses her 4 drinks and wants a 5th. Can I go get her a 5th using one of my vouchers, indicating to the bar tender this is a diamond voucher drink from my 4 vouchers? And say can I buy a friend a drink, indicating this is a diamond voucher drink?

Yes you can

• 7 months later...

I too would like to purchase the deluxe drink package and the refreshment package for my wife, then using the diamond drink vouchers when she wants a cocktail. I can't do it online, so I called Royal and they would not let me purchase the refreshment package for her unless it was for a "medical" reason. Has anyone been successful with this concept? If so please share, thanks. Not trying to get "away" with anything, just want to use the perks that we have earned. 

13 minutes ago, scgssny said:

I too would like to purchase the deluxe drink package and the refreshment package for my wife, then using the diamond drink vouchers when she wants a cocktail. I can't do it online, so I called Royal and they would not let me purchase the refreshment package for her unless it was for a "medical" reason. Has anyone been successful with this concept? If so please share, thanks. Not trying to get "away" with anything, just want to use the perks that we have earned. 

Call back.  People purchase it this way all the time.

Make up a medical reason if you have to.  Never heard of them asking for any proof. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

13 minutes ago, scgssny said:

I called a couple of months ago to do that for a cruise just last week and was successful. Was not asked about a medical reason. No problem on the ship with using the vouchers how you’re asking. Just tell the bartender you want use a diamond voucher. You should call again.

42 minutes ago, scgssny said:

no medical reason needed when I purchased the Deluxe for DH and refreshment for myself.  The agent asked why I wasn’t purchasing the Deluxe for myself and I (truthfully) told him that I haven’t had an alcoholic drink in 30 years. 

• Like 1