Website and Customer Service Issues--Sailing in 5 days!

texaridian

Please read and provide any advice you might have.

I've never been on MSC, but got a great deal several weeks ago and booked a 3 days cruise on the Divina, leaving 10/14/21.  I was able to get booked on the cruise--I have a booking # and a cabin assigned.  But...I can't add my credit card online, and without that I can't get to the page to get my boarding documents or my luggage tag. 

I called Customer Service and got the runaround.  He told me to send an email to a specific address which I did.  When I finally got a response, they didn't address the issue at all.

On 10/4 I called again and got a fabulous CSR.  She listened and commiserated.  She confirmed my information was in the system.  She gave me another email address to write to.  I did and requested they take my CC information and also send me an email that I could reply to with the obligatory photo.  She also said she'd email to me my boarding documents.  (They're still not here.)

So, I wrote on 10/4 and got the automated response.  By Thursday (10/7) I had not heard anything so I wrote again focusing on the fact that the cruise is just a week away. 

OK, dear reader, now here are my questions:

1)  Has anyone else had this problem with the website not working?

2)  If so, what happened?

3)  Will they let me into the terminal without my boarding docs?

4)  Do you have any advice or encouragement for me?

Thanks for your help!

Carol

@texaridianyou won’t be alone showing up without your cruise documents printed out. 

I would advise that you take screenshots or print out all of your cruise info from their website and just be sure to have your vaccination card and negative test result with proper ID. 

As mentioned above not everyone has access to internet and a printer, 

you won’t be turned away. 

• Like 1

I took my first and last MSC cruise in September.  Website issues, flight booking mistakes and then the runaround (as you so accurately describe it) from numerous MSC customer service personnel along with the same e mail problems.  The pre cruise experience was dreadful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, texaridian said:

Please read and provide any advice you might have.

I've never been on MSC, but got a great deal several weeks ago and booked a 3 days cruise on the Divina, leaving 10/14/21.  I was able to get booked on the cruise--I have a booking # and a cabin assigned.  But...I can't add my credit card online, and without that I can't get to the page to get my boarding documents or my luggage tag. 

Our sailing after yours.  When we checked in online there was not a place for input your credit card (MSC USA) and were able to get all documents a few days ago.  As I understood from other posts we must validate the credit card while on the ship.  MSC must update their system or must be on a different website.

Was you be able to provide other information and did you scroll down to see if your information completed?.  Can you provide a screen where you encountered the problem?.

Edited by ChattTenn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

Our sailing after yours.  When we checked in online there was not a place for input your credit card (MSC USA) and were able to get all documents a few days ago.  As I understood from other posts we must validate the credit card while on the ship.  MSC must update their system or must be on a different website.

Was you be able to provide other information and did you scroll down to see if your information completed?.  Can you provide a screen where you encountered the problem?.

There is a place to put your CC info in on the MSC USA site check in however it didn’t work for me (and others after reading posts on here) but it still says my web check in is complete even though it didn’t take my credit card.
It’s just a very low quality website unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Similar issue as the OP - but I gave up on the credit card entry and will do it on the ship.  The website is awful and the phone agents (that I've had the displeasure of talking too) were awful too.  It's really mind boggling that a major cruise line has such a dismal website and land based people.  Not sure if it's just part of the whole pandemic thing or if it's always been like this for MSC.  We cruised with them the first time in 2018 and I don't quite remember if there were issues back then or not.   Going on our second cruise next week.

• Like 1

Adding credit card on line and is brand new. We were unable to add as it is AmericanExpress and apparently many people had trouble. Adding once on ship is easy peasy though.  But you should still be able to get documents. Just skip though the section add credit card and hit send documents. 

• Like 4

Thank you everyone for your responses.  I will be taking my phone which has the emails I've sent and received.  I do have my other documents ready (passport, vaccination card) and will have the negative test before I show up.

The onboard experience will really have to wow me to overcome my negative impression so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, texaridian said:

The onboard experience will really have to wow me to overcome my negative impression so far.

We are using a TA for this cruise the only problems we had with them are they changed our original cabin to a another one on a different site of the ship we did not ask/want and with 2 boarding times but had let them go.

Next week cruise will be ours first with MSC and hope the wow factor will eventually bring us back with them.  We will think twice before booking any oversea cruise with them.

Have a wonderful cruise everyone.

On 10/10/2021 at 2:37 PM, texaridian said:

Thank you everyone for your responses.  I will be taking my phone which has the emails I've sent and received.  I do have my other documents ready (passport, vaccination card) and will have the negative test before I show up.

Alas, this is a very common issue with MSC. I wish they'd step up their CS game because a lot of folks end up as you do, with a negative impression before even setting foot on the ship. All I can say is that the onboard experience is awesome from beginning to end. We always use a travel agent and haven't had any of the bad stuff happen so I'd encourage you to consider going that route in the future. Have a great cruise and be sure to come back and tell us how it went.