Unable to book excursions online…get funny “guest error” message. Two calls to princess says it’s just too early but….

TheBigIsland BC

I am unable to book excursions online, which I find odd.  The excursions are loaded, and as soon as I paid my deposit, I got a confirmation email with a link to book excursions but, when I select ANY excursion and the time and our names, then press enter to reserve, I get an error message “guest error” and cannot add it to my cart!!  See error message in photo attached.  The two Princess reps I E spoken to says it’s just too early to book but I feel they are just not getting that if the blue button is there to say book me, it should book you; otherwise there just isn’t a button to book that shows up.  I say BS because I’ve booked excursions much earlier on other Princess bookings and it looks like all is there, except for this “guest error”, which looks like there is something wrong with my booking.

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY BEEN ABLE TO BOOK and add to your cart and pay for AN EXCURSION ON THIS CRUISE YET:  Royal Princess, Sept 24, 2022 Vancouver to Auckland (or any leg of it).   Or have you tried to book but are getting the same error when you go to add any excursion to your cart, please let me know.  Either way, please let me know so I know whether or not I should hound Princess.  I don’t want to wait until it’s too late and miss something I really want to do if, in fact, it is a glitch.

thanks!

D19643F4-7FF3-4856-A62C-49E013781234.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, suzannelaroy said:

I am unable to book excursions online, which I find odd.  The excursions are loaded, and as soon as I paid my deposit, I got a confirmation email with a link to book excursions but, when I select ANY excursion and the time and our names, then press enter to reserve, I get an error message “guest error” and cannot add it to my cart!!  See error message in photo attached.  The two Princess reps I E spoken to says it’s just too early to book but I feel they are just not getting that if the blue button is there to say book me, it should book you; otherwise there just isn’t a button to book that shows up.  I say BS because I’ve booked excursions much earlier on other Princess bookings and it looks like all is there, except for this “guest error”, which looks like there is something wrong with my booking.

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY BEEN ABLE TO BOOK and add to your cart and pay for AN EXCURSION ON THIS CRUISE YET:  Royal Princess, Sept 24, 2022 Vancouver to Auckland (or any leg of it).   Or have you tried to book but are getting the same error when you go to add any excursion to your cart, please let me know.  Either way, please let me know so I know whether or not I should hound Princess.  I don’t want to wait until it’s too late and miss something I really want to do if, in fact, it is a glitch.

thanks!

D19643F4-7FF3-4856-A62C-49E013781234.jpeg

I’m on the October 31st cruise on the Ruby & have had no problems booking any excursions. Strange that you get that message. I’ve never seen that message before. 

Tom😀

• 5 months later...

Could it be because you are going to Auckland and the country just opened for cruises.  Maybe the excursions have not yet been finalized in NewZealand yet and they are just showing past ones.

Edited by Potstech

I received an email yesterday opening excursions for our 7/22 Enchanted cruise. Repeated attempts to book even transfers received the extortion message. Spent on hour on live chat this am with advice of waiting a couple of weeks due to problems in the excursion department.