Fare drop, unique situation

CruisefunSAN

I found my cruise fare dropped other day, and my original booking was earlier saver rate. However when I passed on that info to my TA, he emailed me back indicating that when he called, the lower rate was capacity controlled and was gone by the time he called. I actually put a hold on the lower fare for exact same itinerary, the hold is for 4 days, so my question is will I still get the lower price drop from Carnival if show them the hold booking?

Been there, got the T-shirt from my TA. I too had a hold on the lower fare and was told the category was sold out sooooooo......I called the 800 number and set up a PIN number for my cruise on hold. I then sent my TA a copy of the hold with the lower fare and my PIN number. TA called CCL back gave them the hold info & PIN and just like that the hold as removed and my fare was reduced. Don't take no for an answer. Neither the TA nor the cruise line want to lower your fare BUT they make the rules so play the game!......Best of Luck!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Good info to know. Didn't know a PVP could lower your fare on a sold out category.

Different people will say they get different results but my PVP is very good and always takes care of us. I just screen shot any price reductions and send it to him and he emails back the new cabin confirmation showing the added OBC.

So I emailed my TA the hold booking info, he was able to get the fare lowered even the lower is not available on Carnival website anymore. Next time will be doing the same, put a hold booking if see lower rate. But the hold is only working before final payment day.

28 minutes ago, CruisefunSAN said:

So I emailed my TA the hold booking info, he was able to get the fare lowered even the lower is not available on Carnival website anymore. Next time will be doing the same, put a hold booking if see lower rate. But the hold is only working before final payment day.

Holds vary. I was able to put a hold on a cabin for 24 hours that was leaving the following Saturday. I would have had to really hustle to make the ship. Way past final payment, less than a week before it sailing. I was getting emergency calls to fill out my health and vaccine forms and I hadnt even booked.