Water Taxi from Fort de France to Trois Ilet?

alibaba1

We have been to Martinique a few times, but this cruise we would like to take the Water taxi from Fort de France to Trois Ilet.
Interested in Plage de l'Anse a l'Ane compared to Anse Milan  or Pointe de Bout.
Any recommendations?
Know anything about La Case a Glace on L'Ane?
TYIA

• 1 year later...

Bumping this because I have the same question. I plan to visit a shop in Trois Ilet, the owner said is is easy to get the ferry over from near the cruise pier. 

I can read a map and street signs, am not directionally challenged or concerned about wandering around a bit,  but my French is non-existent. 

It would be appreciated if anyone can offer idiot proof walking directions and distance from the cruise pier to the ferry dock. Bonus for approximate schedule and/or frequency. I did find on TripAdvisor that the fare is  7 Euro.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Bumping this because I have the same question. I plan to visit a shop in Trois Ilet, the owner said is is easy to get the ferry over from near the cruise pier. 

I can read a map and street signs, am not directionally challenged or concerned about wandering around a bit,  but my French is non-existent. 

It would be appreciated if anyone can offer idiot proof walking directions and distance from the cruise pier to the ferry dock. Bonus for approximate schedule and/or frequency. I did find on TripAdvisor that the fare is  7 Euro.

Thanks

There are two cruise ports.  

One directly close to the town and almost adjacent to the ferry terminal, mostly used by smallish ships.  The other is for larger ships, about a 20 minute walk away, along a busy main Dock/Artery  road with narrow footpaths.  Out of port, turn left and follow the main road.  As entering the town proper, the ferry terminal is on one’s left.  One can’t miss it as it’s next to the cruise terminal.  Join the queue, which can be long.
Best to take a cab to the ferry terminal, about €10 e/w.

Or, take a cab all the way, about €30/35 e/w

• 1 month later...

Seven euro round trip. USD not accepted in the machines, I believe credit cards may be, but I am not sure. 

Easy to find, walk right about 10 minutes as you leave the cruise ship dock. There was just one attendant a few weeks ago when I was there. She had limited English, and could not do currency exchange for a loud, embarrassingly insistent group who were trying to get to a beach. 

11 minutes ago, mcmarya said:

Anyone know the current fare for the ferry?--preferably in $ if accepted.

Pre-covid it was $6 pp e/w - Best to work on a maximum of $8
USD accepted.  Gratuities were appreciated on disembarking, but don’t know if now a protocol.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So are they accepting US currency or not? I was there 3 year's ago they did not accept US currency. Then about 6 months later they did and then they didn't again and so forth and on and on and on and on. 

• 2 weeks later...