Junior Suite vs Grand Suite on Anthem

Goofyisme

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

True, but enforcement of check in times varies by port and perhaps even day.

Also, last month on Oasis there was no “priority” boarding. Suites are allowed to show up one hour before their scheduled time, but once you arrive you get in line with everyone else. 

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

Also, last month on Oasis there was no “priority” boarding. Suites are allowed to show up one hour before their scheduled time, but once you arrive you get in line with everyone else. 

They had a separate line at Bayonne last week, but was not obvious from the outside. There was a sign at the start of the line with the current check in times, but no enforcement at all.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

They had a separate line at Bayonne last week, but was not obvious from the outside. There was a sign at the start of the line with the current check in times, but no enforcement at all.

We are on the Anthem in a GS at the end of November. I’m thinking the passenger counts may be higher by then so hopefully it’ll will be better organized.  One can hope 😊

7 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I’m thinking the passenger counts may be higher by then so hopefully it’ll will be better organized.

Go to the right of the masses of people in the regular line - separate security line as well inside.

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Access to the suite lounge, suite concierge, suite deck.  Free wiffi and other suite perks- priority boarding and disembarkation- more crown and anchor points.  Other perks that I have forgotten.  But the grand suites are very nice.  Having the Costal Kitchen available for lunch and breakfast is a great advantage, IMO.

Same C&A points for JS and GS.

11 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

Are the J4s on any particular deck more desirable? I have a choice of decks 6, 7, 9 or 10. 

We like deck 7 as DH can run up and down the stairs to fetch our speciality coffees from La Patisserie on deck 4, saves him having to wait for the lift! 😁. Personally I would avoid deck 6 just in case of potential noise issues from the deck below.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shari3 said:

I have the same cabin booked for April. Glad to hear you liked it. 

It’s in the middle of the 2 entranceways to the lifts so pax heading forward go out one way and those heading aft out the other resulting in very little passing foot traffic. We never heard a thing the whole week, it was so quiet I could have slept all morning every day 😴

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

We like deck 7 as DH can run up and down the stairs to fetch our speciality coffees from La Patisserie on deck 4, saves him having to wait for the lift! 😁. Personally I would avoid deck 6 just in case of potential noise issues from the deck below.

I have been on Deck 6 MANY times and never heard noise from below. 

52 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have been on Deck 6 MANY times and never heard noise from below. 

That’s good to know. I’ve always avoided it ‘just in case’ as I am such a light sleeper. It’s bad enough with DH snoring next to me! 😁