Child Vaccine Exemption - Help!

llarsen

45 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Yes, the back up plan is our daughter and grandchildren will have to stay home.

We booked our large group booking before the new vaccine rules were in place, (which is another reason we were told they would be accepted.)

We were told not to worry because A. We booked so early and would be reviewed first. B. We booked before the vaccine rules were in place. C. We were part of a large Group Booking.

Now I know none of this is true, and Carnival employees who are in place to answer your questions and help resolve problems, really are not educated on the procedures at all and have their hands tied when it comes to solving any real problems. Disappointing...

It has been clear with Carnival that exemptions were on a first come first served basis, not based on when a cruise was booked. If you booked as a group, you are more likely to be approved than not. If they don't give an exemption to someone in the group, the whole group has the opportunity to cancel which can impact the number of exemptions already provided. I still think exemptions should have been based on date full payment was made, not the date reservations were made. 

I would continue to call and escalate until you get to someone that can respond. A supervisor may not have the answer, but have to escalate from there to get an answer.

Go to John Heald’s Facebook page, hit posts, then hit visitors post. Ask your question there. I noticed that he is answering questions this morning. He is usually quick to reply. Your question will be visible to the public, I don’t think he has private messenger.

6 hours ago, cindik said:

Go to John Heald’s Facebook page, hit posts, then hit visitors post. Ask your question there. I noticed that he is answering questions this morning. He is usually quick to reply. Your question will be visible to the public, I don’t think he has private messenger.

OMG thank you! I went to his page John Heald on FB (the page has a Halloween pumpkin man and a cup of cappuccino) but I could only see at the top it says Create Post and says it's public. Is this the correct webpage https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald/. I'm hesitant to list their reservation number and names on it but would love to see if he could help us.

6 minutes ago, llarsen said:

OMG thank you! I went to his page John Heald on FB (the page has a Halloween pumpkin man and a cup of cappuccino) but I could only see at the top it says Create Post and says it's public. Is this the correct webpage https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald/. I'm hesitant to list their reservation number and names on it but would love to see if he could help us.

16 hours ago, cindik said:

Yes, that is the correct page. At the top of the page, it says posts, hit that, it will take you to see visitors post, hit that, then ask your question. 

I sent him a message and will let you know the outcome. Thanks for your help! 

3 hours ago, llarsen said:

Hopefully this will get you some answers. I would also do another whole new post including the booking number so you can be sure they see it, also a new post would put you back at the top of the page. Doesn’t hurt to post more than once till you get a answer, being 8 days out would have me stressed to the max.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, llarsen said:

So sorry you are going thru this.  I know it is stressful.  Hopefully this will work out in your favor and you will be able to relax on your cruise.  Please let us know your outcome.  Praying you get this resolved.

• Like 1

UPDATE!

As you know, we sail next week on the Carnival Miracle for a family reunion cruise.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get information on the status of our grandsons Vaccination Exemption Requests, to no avail.

Monday (at the advice of others on this board) I contacted John Heald on FB. His assistant Jacinta forwarded our information to their colleagues and yesterday afternoon my daughter received their APPROVAL letter!!

I don't know if it was coincidence, but I am so thankful to receive their Approval letter and for John Heald, and the help and input of everyone here on CC!

Thank you!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, llarsen said:

UPDATE!

As you know, we sail next week on the Carnival Miracle for a family reunion cruise.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get information on the status of our grandsons Vaccination Exemption Requests, to no avail.

Monday (at the advice of others on this board) I contacted John Heald on FB. His assistant Jacinta forwarded our information to their colleagues and yesterday afternoon my daughter received their APPROVAL letter!!

I don't know if it was coincidence, but I am so thankful to receive their Approval letter and for John Heald, and the help and input of everyone here on CC!

Thank you!!

So happy to hear this 😀 Hope you and your family have a great cruise!

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 12:12 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

How old are they? 5 and up required to get vaccine. Two weeks prior to the cruise. Must ahve vaccination card. Otherwise treated the same as an adult that is unvaccinated.

Shes going in Nov. The regulations are set until the end of the year. Under 12 does not need to get vaccinated she'll be fine

• Like 1