Where is the anthem?

maggieq

Daughter and I will be on the November 8th sailing out of Bayonne.  Was supposed to sail on the 7th, but we were told they needed a day for inspections, so our cruise was cut short a day and Nassau was eliminated.  We’re excited!!

4 hours ago, 2VaCruzers said:

Daughter and I will be on the November 8th sailing out of Bayonne.  Was supposed to sail on the 7th, but we were told they needed a day for inspections, so our cruise was cut short a day and Nassau was eliminated.  We’re excited!!

What comps did they offer for the itinerary change?

14 minutes ago, soremekun said:

What comps did they offer for the itinerary change?

We were refunded one day of cruise fare/and port fees and given $100 OBC.  The hardest part was having everything on our planner refunded and then having to rebook everything a week and a half later.  Some of our original OBC wasn’t refunded and out TA had to intervene.  Others on the sailing had a lot more issues, but I believe everything has been straightened out.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matt1 said:

Screen shot of her position as of four minutes  ago via Marine Traffic…

You get a much cleaner screen shot using cruisemapper and you can also get Sat AIS info which marinetraffic usually doesn't provide without a paid subscription.

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You get a much cleaner screen shot using cruisemapper and you can also get Sat AIS info which marinetraffic usually doesn't provide without a paid subscription.

The screenshot taken from my iPhone 13 Pro Max uploads to CC rather crappy, so I’m not sure if it’s the fact that it’s not a “traditional image shape” (oblong and it’s being compressed instead of plain square) or what. I am getting the SAT AIS info (LAT/LONG, etc.) info as well as the noon location updates, but not sure folks on here would be able to map that? I was a Quartermaster in the Navy for 12 years and charts still come to me second nature. Since they also have the wrong “Bayonne” on the Marine Traffic destination (France, instead of the US) some of the other data is just incorrect. 

E349E3BA-2252-4091-A923-6CF006761134.jpeg

EE6BC3CF-F6E5-4B4A-95DB-6155469159F0.jpeg

Edited by matt1

1 minute ago, derorim said:

This thread is like Santa's sleigh tracker...

Since I’ve been off of Santa’s drop-off schedule for quite a few years now LOL, tracking Anthem of the Seas is indeed sort of my “Santa”, and my gift to myself for surviving (so far) these last 20 months. That, and a return to attending live theater yesterday for the first time since the pandemic shutdown. 😁 I’m glad that we all have something to track nowadays! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Since I’ve been off of Santa’s drop-off schedule for quite a few years now LOL, tracking Anthem of the Seas is indeed sort of my “Santa”, and my gift to myself for surviving (so far) these last 20 months. That, and a return to attending live theater yesterday for the first time since the pandemic shutdown. 😁 I’m glad that we all have something to track nowadays! 

I couldn't agree more and am getting a little giddy over it.  We board Anthem in 34 days.  Just booked it a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for posting the maps.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matt1 said:

Here’s a more traditional shape/size using my iPad…not sure if this is any better. 

What I meant was that it may not be obvious where a ship is in the clutter which Marinetraffic usually presents (without a lot of filtering) - here's cruisemapper:

image.png.b67447f7a1f5d2c82c3cb89d5834ac8c.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

What I meant was that it may not be obvious where a ship is in the clutter which Marinetraffic usually presents (without a lot of filtering) - here's cruisemapper:

Ahhhhh. I forgot that those who don’t use MT wouldn’t know that passengers ships are blue, merchant are green, tankers are red, etc. Yes, I can use filters to eliminate all of those, but had kept them in just because I though it looked neat with Anthem of the Seas out there with so many other ships. Even if I filter out all non-passenger ships it still leaves some of the blue ones. I’ll take a look at CruiseMapper when I get home this evening from work. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Radio said:

She is coming along well. . . She is scheduled to arrive in Bayonne by 11am on Sunday, Nov. 7

The more I see the anticipated arrival time and the cutting back of Anthem's first trip, the more I wonder if someone didn't realize "Damn. We scheduled that first trip on the day of the NYC Marathon. Way too many people won't make boarding time."

An 11:00am arrival in Bayonne means passing the Verrazzano sometime after 10:00 - with many runners still on the bridge. Might get some good pics from the TV coverage - if someone swings the camera to the side.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TSS Alex said:

The more I see the anticipated arrival time and the cutting back of Anthem's first trip, the more I wonder if someone didn't realize "Damn. We scheduled that first trip on the day of the NYC Marathon. Way too many people won't make boarding time."

An 11:00am arrival in Bayonne means passing the Verrazzano sometime after 10:00 - with many runners still on the bridge. Might get some good pics from the TV coverage - if someone swings the camera to the side.

They have had cruises leave that day before.  I know because I was on a cruise and decided to leave Long Island and stay in Elizabeth NJ the night before the cruise.

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

This appears to be the second really bad storm that she’s hit on the way across the Atlantic from England.…near gale force winds! 😳

B88134DD-639C-4D2C-9386-8668C13A260A.jpeg

95896C4F-FC8A-459A-9707-83267F91FA9A.jpeg

We had high winds and high waves (40 to 45 ft swells) on the October/November 2015 crossing.

We were sitting next to the window eating lunch one day in American Icon, and a huge wave hit the window.

• Like 2