Anyone booked using Trinity Reservations Park & Cruise out of Baltimore Past or Present?

MMfan14

We use Trinity reservations for all our trips.  (Air & Cruises) We stay at the Best Western BWI in Elkridge/Arundel Mills.  Trinity prices are usually cheaper than the other sites.  It is a safe area and there is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel.   We have reservations there for our next trip.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

I have also used Trinity, in 2016, out of Baltimore, stayed at BW Elkridge. Everything was perfect. I'm here now debating using them again versus driving myself to the port in March.

I booked an overnight stay with them for the PHL airport in April.  Paid 127 tax inclusive for hotel and 14 days of parking.  Off site parking in Philly went through the roof because the long term lot at the airport is currently closed and will be for the next few months.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I checked out trinity, and there aren't such great choices for Baltimore.

One place was cheap, but no shuttle included - 15 miles from the port, and $30 each way with Uber. That's why it was cheap. It becomes not so cheap with the Ubers.

Another was also a good price, with shuttle, but it's 15 miles away. Also, if you're coming from the north, it's on the wrong side of the port, so it's a long extra drive.

The third choice looks like a decent price (but read on), only 5 miles from the port, and on the northern side. However, there's just 1 shuttle at 10:30, so if you have a time slot of 11:30 or later, you're waiting outside at the port for quite a while. Also, the shuttle back is only between 10:45 and 11:00. That makes no sense because everyone is off the ship between 8:00 and 9:30. This means you need to Uber it back, which they point out is $20, since they know that no one is waiting almost 2 hours for their shuttle. Add on that $20, and the price is no big deal.

1 hour ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

One place was cheap, but no shuttle included - 15 miles from the port, and $30 each way with Uber. That's why it was cheap. It becomes not so cheap with the Ubers.

Another was also a good price, with shuttle, but it's 15 miles away. Also, if you're coming from the north, it's on the wrong side of the port, so it's a long extra drive.

The third choice looks like a decent price (but read on), only 5 miles from the port, and on the northern side. However, there's just 1 shuttle at 10:30, so if you have a time slot of 11:30 or later, you're waiting outside at the port for quite a while. Also, the shuttle back is only between 10:45 and 11:00. That makes no sense because everyone is off the ship between 8:00 and 9:30. This means you need to Uber it back, which they point out is $20, since they know that no one is waiting almost 2 hours for their shuttle. Add on that $20, and the price is no big deal.

I just did a mock booking with Trinity for this coming Friday, 8/19/22, and found "free round trip Baltimore Cruise Port shuttle from 8am to 12 Noon" at the Best Western Plus BWI in Elkridge, MD.  We have stayed there several times, and have been pleased with the hotel and shuttle service.  If this one is the one you referred to as "out of the way," we didn't find that to be the case for us, and we travelled from the "North,"  out of the Pittsburgh, PA area.  And it had an Irish Pub next door (pre-Covid at least) with great food!  Hope this helps!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

The third choice looks like a decent price (but read on), only 5 miles from the port, and on the northern side. However, there's just 1 shuttle at 10:30, so if you have a time slot of 11:30 or later, you're waiting outside at the port for quite a while. Also, the shuttle back is only between 10:45 and 11:00.

I came from the north & stayed at the property you claim is "a long extra drive". No idea what you mean or why that is an issue. Never gave any thought to what side of the port the hotel is located. You can of course drive south of the port and use more of your gas and take more of your time than a hotel closer to where you live and using your standards, your drive home will be extra long being you are on the south side of the port.

That hotel shuttle provided good service, dropping us off at the terminal and picking us up at the location we were told to wait in and, at the time I used it, was an on demand service.

Earlier this year I stayed at the property that has only 1 drop off & pick up from Cruise Maryland and yes it was inconvenient. I will not stay there again (solely because of the shuttle schedule)and recently advised a poster not to stay there

because of the shuttle. The hotel itself was outstanding as was the hotel 15 miles away, the one you consider "a long extra drive".

I have been satisfied with Trinity each time I have used them. Once I had to cancel and a refund was issued promptly. The price Trinity lists includes tax which other sites do not. Nothing but positive things to say about Trinity. Good luck finding accommodations that suit your specialized needs.

16 hours ago, meadowlander said:

I came from the north & stayed at the property you claim is "a long extra drive". No idea what you mean or why that is an issue. Never gave any thought to what side of the port the hotel is located. You can of course drive south of the port and use more of your gas and take more of your time than a hotel closer to where you live and using your standards, your drive home will be extra long being you are on the south side of the port.

A couple of years ago, we stayed in that area, so at the end of the cruise, we had to take the shuttle 15 miles (more than 20 minutes) to the hotel, then had to backtrack to head north. Not something I want to do again when it's an almost 3 hour ride already from the port area.

There's another Best Western barely 5 miles north of the port that has parking and a shuttle (on O'Donnell St). We stayed there in January. It was nice to have such a short shuttle ride, and to already be north of the port when we get into the car. The difference between the 2 hotels is almost 30 minutes the night we arrive, about 15 minutes on departure day, and about 45 minutes on disembarkation day. You also save $8 in roundtrip tunnel tolls, and yes, gas.