Argh! That MSC website and some CS

Markanddonna

Okay, I just spent 5 minutes times 6 times= 30 minutes listening to the COVID protocals for cruising. My call wasn't for my booking. It was for a website problem. 

My account was erased at 1PM today. I can't access my booking and was told to register with an entirely new account. They got my name wrong by repeating my last name twice. The CS guy said the problem is all on the MSC side and I received the proverbial "The tech department said it would be fixed over the weekend (that was last weekend.  

Aren't there any decent website and tech designers in Europe? I've never had tech or website problems with any other cruiseline. Why do I keep coming back to MSC?  BTW, isn't it interesting how a few CSRs think WE are the ones who are wrong?  The first one insisted I didn't have an MSC account. Really?  How did I manage to get Diamond status and be on numerous MSC cruises?  

Thanks for letting me vent.

• Like 1

I had a similar issue.

When I originally booked our 9/25 cruise - I created an account and it was all backwards.  Last name was First name, etc..State was missing.   It was a mess.

So I created another account with a very similar email address (the first one had my middle initial) thinking I could start over.

Nope - all it's done has create headaches. I couldn't access booking info from the second account, and I couldn't get my docs from my first..

Three weeks ago, I submitted a request for our Voyager IDs because I couldn't remember them,. The only place I could ever see them was in my booking - which didn't exist anymore after the cruise.

They finally got back to me the other day...and something must have clicked because when I logged in (to the second account) , like magic, the Voyager information was already in there!

I am a software developer for web services, so you can imaging the hand wringing.

25 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Hit "1" , wait a second until the next "if you, or anyone in your party" and hit "1" again. That works for me.  (And then 2, because you are not a travel agent)

LOL, I love all of these secret codes. It's like cheat codes for games...left-left-right-up-up-down to skip the message 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

Hit "1" , wait a second until the next "if you, or anyone in your party" and hit "1" again. That works for me.  (And then 2, because you are not a travel agent)

That’s exactly what I do - when using my iPhone.  But, when I use DH’s (an android) I seem to manage to end up with the included recording requesting my membership number.  So pressing 1,1,1, etc won’t work then.  🤣