I miss CRUISING .. Share stories!

I know that I am not alone when I say that I miss cruising. 

Having been on over 30 different cruises and celebrated many occasions onboard ships its an important part of my travelling life!

I am starting this post to see if people want to share their favorite cruise times or photos just to get us all excited for when the world of cruising opens up freely again soon.

I cant wait to see and hear all the amazing stories!

5 hours ago, Cruise Kritic said:

I am starting this post to see if people want to share their favorite cruise times or photos just to get us all excited for when the world of cruising opens up freely again soon.

Welcome to CC.

We have had threads reporting on cruises since at least June - plenty to read already.

• Like 1

I've already been on 2 and going on 5 more this year.

Agreed, book and go!

Before cruising resumed we bought a catamaran and took it to the Bahamas. It was an adventure, but an expensive one. Told my husband that cruising was way cheaper and much much less work.

IMG_20210616_120450_539.jpg

IMG_20210616_120450_412.jpg

IMG_20210617_132814_291.jpg

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, SummerBeee said:

I've already been on 2 and going on 5 more this year.

Agreed, book and go!

Before cruising resumed we bought a catamaran and took it to the Bahamas. It was an adventure, but an expensive one. Told my husband that cruising was way cheaper and much much less work.

So, so much work!  What an adventure you must have had,  I am in a land locked lake in Colorado.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cruise Kritic said:

It had been 1 year and 7 months since our last pre-covid cruise, but we finally pulled the trigger and booked a cruise aboard MSC Meraviglia last month. Nothing long or exotic. Just a quick 3 night cruise to their private island in order to “test the waters” again. 

Besides the health and safety protocols in place, the cruise felt pretty much the same as before the pandemic. We had a much needed, absolutely wonderful time. I was a bit apprehensive about booking this cruise, but once I found myself setting foot on a ship again, and I realized that I felt safer being on a cruise than on land, I knew that it had been the right decision. 

Hope you get to cruise again soon! It’s truly a great feeling to be back. 

9E23FB58-AE21-4E5B-9566-814E1C654C0C.jpeg

2BA3077A-4B5B-4C21-B91F-823FD6259D5B.jpeg

0DC55001-8893-4144-A79E-2FEC03BE77BA.jpeg

B94AF68C-A468-4661-BA87-8B3796DCA600.jpeg

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 5

We took the first cruise out of Galveston in Auguest. We both agree that we felt safer with the way the ship handled the safety issues than we did no land. For all the bad press they got they may be the safer place on the planet to be right now. We are going back in Feb. 

• Like 1

Just got back Monday from a 5 day out of Galveston on Independence to celebrate my 65th birthday( my Medicare cruise!) First cruise since Feb 2020.  Was going to be just DH and I.  My dear friends had other plans!  I was totally surprised and tearful to discover 9 additional shipmates!   It was awesome and we celebrated huge! Truly a birthday I'll never forget!  A great time was had by all.  Now, on to Symphony in November for DHs 70th! Feels like coming home to be back on board! 

• Like 3

During the pandemic, we realized that cruising had compensated for living in an area we didn’t really care for and it is important to enjoy everyday life.  So we moved to a condo three miles from the beach, on the west coast of Florida.  Now we love where we are living and are back to cruising, a double win!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, oddly excitered said:

Book and go! no reason to wait anymore, safest place to be with testing and vaccine protocols.

Leaving in 26 days and could not be more excited to be on a ship with lowered capacity!

In Australia its hard as the government have shutdown the cruise season and its not going to be back until this time next year.

23 minutes ago, Cruise Kritic said:

In Australia its hard as the government have shutdown the cruise season and its not going to be back until this time next year.

We wish you the best and as speedy a return to cruising as possible. 💙🌻🛳️

• Like 2