MAYA KEY PRIVATE ISLAND RETREAT With RCCL or infinity on our own?

GypsyOBRN

I may be a bit more particular than most but the idea of using a public snorkle anywhere much less a third would counry does not apeal to me in the lest.  Yes, bring you own, it will be clean and fit better. 

I prefer the lagoon feel of the snorkling area of West Bay Beach over the open water feel of Maya Key. Maya Key may well be far more quiet than West Bay and there will be NO local  hawkers. Maya Key is heaps closer to Coxen Hole (the port) than is West Bay. 

If you are a first time visitor, I reccommed West Bay, just because I think everyone should see it, ya know post card perfect and all that. If you have been to the island before OR if quiet is paramount over everthing else, Maya Key. 

Infinty shares a propery line with Tabyana, it maybe worth while to run the math on Infinty plus cab fare with the Tabyana fees. 

By the by ~ there are at least two places on West Bay Beach that offer day passes with transport at a very fair rate. If you are not stopping anywhere else ya might see what Paradise Bech Club and Bananarama feel like to you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guest 2000 said:

I may be a bit more particular than most but the idea of using a public snorkle anywhere much less a third would counry does not apeal to me in the lest.  Yes, bring you own, it will be clean and fit better. 

I prefer the lagoon feel of the snorkling area of West Bay Beach over the open water feel of Maya Key. Maya Key may well be far more quiet than West Bay and there will be NO local  hawkers. Maya Key is heaps closer to Coxen Hole (the port) than is West Bay. 

If you are a first time visitor, I reccommed West Bay, just because I think everyone should see it, ya know post card perfect and all that. If you have been to the island before OR if quiet is paramount over everthing else, Maya Key. 

Infinty shares a propery line with Tabyana, it maybe worth while to run the math on Infinty plus cab fare with the Tabyana fees. 

By the by ~ there are at least two places on West Bay Beach that offer day passes with transport at a very fair rate. If you are not stopping anywhere else ya might see what Paradise Bech Club and Bananarama feel like to you. 

Thank you for your info. We have never been. Mostly we go off ship for excursions but with Covid we actually looked at them this time. Never have gone wrong with following info from these boards & that is why I posted. 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:54 PM, Guest 2000 said:

Discover Roatan where I booked my Infinity Bay tour includes transportation just FYI.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, bigrednole said:

We are considering using them for our trip in 70 days. I am looking at a few different companies for this.

I really liked how ours worked out. It was a private car and just me and my two friends. The driver stayed the entire time and when we were ready to leave drove us back. Heads up for anyone taking a ride to the resort tho, if you get car sick easy take some meds ahead of time. I felt very nauseous by the time I got there. But after I popped a pill was better.

• Thanks 1