Anyone fly Westjet with antigen test paperwork?

nbsjcruiser

Hi all,

We'll be flying Westjet next week NB -> Pearson -> FLL. Has anyone flown Westjet with antigen test paperwork? I'm curious how this works. We've got our test booked for 3 days prior and I've filled out the necessary paperwork for the US where I attest to the fact that I have had a negative test. I assume that I will provide the attestation to US Border Patrol in Pearson. Do I submit the antigen test results when I check in online with Westjet 24hrs prior or do I need to check in at the desk before my flight and provide that paperwork then?

thanks in advance  

I thought you needed to be fully vaccinated to fly from Canadian airports and the Covid test is only required for landing in another country following the country's quidelines.

Am I right or am I reading things wrong.

Have a great trip

41 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Hi all,

We'll be flying Westjet next week NB -> Pearson -> FLL. Has anyone flown Westjet with antigen test paperwork? I'm curious how this works. We've got our test booked for 3 days prior and I've filled out the necessary paperwork for the US where I attest to the fact that I have had a negative test. I assume that I will provide the attestation to US Border Patrol in Pearson. Do I submit the antigen test results when I check in online with Westjet 24hrs prior or do I need to check in at the desk before my flight and provide that paperwork then?

thanks in advance  

The US border folks at Pearson may or may not ask for it, we’ve had it both ways.  The Westjet people will want to see it either at in-person check in or at the gate if you checked in online.  

Last time we flew they wanted everyone to have paper boarding passes so that the checkin/gate crew could mark your pass as having had the paperwork checked.  We had checked in online, so they printed us a boarding pass at the gate.   That  was early August, and there wasn’t an online option to upload paperwork at that time, but that may have changed since then.

30 minutes ago, trtog7 said:

I thought you needed to be fully vaccinated to fly from Canadian airports and the Covid test is only required for landing in another country following the country's quidelines.

Have a great trip

Well, we are fully vaxed but I was more curious about the US side of the rules. I dont think the new rules kick in until the 8th for the US. On the 8th you will be able to enter the US by land if you are vaxed - no test required. If you are flying however, you will still need the antigen test and proof of vaccination. 

thanks

39 minutes ago, trtog7 said:

Have a great trip

At the current time, there is no vaccination requirement to fly from Canadian airports. That doesn't become effective until October 30, at which time you will need to provide proof of vaccination for any flight, domestic or international. As the OP doesn't fly until next week, he will need to provide proof of vaccination starting with his flight to Toronto.

As a negative COVID test is required by the CDC for flights into the US, OP will need to provide proof for his onward flight to Fort Lauderdale. This is not a new requirement and has no tie in to the November 8 land crossing regulations.

Edited by Fouremco

I flew NS>Pearson>Nashville last month on Westjet.  We had a private lab antigen test done.  I checked in online, however, when we went to do self serve luggage drop off, it wouldn't accept it and we had to go to the desk.  The guy told us that when it refuses your luggage, they want you to go to the desk (I don't know if it was just us or because we were travelling internationally).  
We showed him our proof and papers.  He did put a sticker on our passport. Border services didn't even check in TO.  I don't think we showed our papers to anyone else after checking in in Halifax. 

• Like 1

We flew to Florida with WestJet on Sept 25.  We did our antigen test a couple of days before.  Checked in online with WestJet 24 hrs prior to flight, and during check-in you attest to having a negative covid test.  At the airport no one checked our paperwork to prove that we had a test, not at customs or at the gate.  We arrived in Orlando and we just walked off the plane.  I thought this was really strange that I never showed anyone my Negative Test Results.🙃

Coming back was a different story, we needed PCR test, a WestJet agent wanted to see proof of a negative test. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tomchick1970 said:

We flew to Florida with WestJet on Sept 25.  We did our antigen test a couple of days before.  Checked in online with WestJet 24 hrs prior to flight, and during check-in you attest to having a negative covid test.  At the airport no one checked our paperwork to prove that we had a test, not at customs or at the gate.  We arrived in Orlando and we just walked off the plane.  I thought this was really strange that I never showed anyone my Negative Test Results.🙃

Coming back was a different story, we needed PCR test, a WestJet agent wanted to see proof of a negative test. 

Huh.  I don't remember being asked on online check in.  We flew a couple days earlier than you. 

(not saying they didn't.  It is possible I forgot, or maybe they updated in the days between our flights)