Cruising on Christmas

secondchance

carnival made us feel special being jewish.  we had potato lakes, chocolate coins.  very nice.  even "lit" the menorah in the atrium. 

Christmas is was Santa,  wear your pj Christmas Day.  very festive. 

CCL does a great job with both holidays. 

• Like 4

Just now, stellarose said:

carnival made us feel special being jewish.  we had potato lakes, chocolate coins.  very nice.  even "lit" the menorah in the atrium. 

Agreed!  I'm not Jewish, but I do enjoy seeing the beautiful Menorah in the lobby.  Just adds to the atmosphere IMO.  The atrium Christmas tree is always gorgeous, too!  Most ships have Christmas music playing over the intercom as well, but not all.  At least that's been our observation.  This year will be the first time we've cruised during Christmas week - we usually cruise the week prior to Christmas.  I'm tempted to get some Christmas PJs to wear on Christmas Eve around the ship - have seen this on our other December cruises.  They would have to be Snoopy though!! 🙂 There's usually an ugly Christmas Sweater contest as well - that is a HOOT!! 🎅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, secondchance said:

Think the Covid Effect caused me to outgrow my PJ's  better go looing for some.

Knew about the ugly sweater contest but not the PJs Christmas Eve. Have to start looking for our PJs. This will be our first Christmas Cruise and first away from the family. Can’t wait to enjoy all the fun. After all the Covid cancellations the day is finally beginning to approach. 41 days to our Freedom B2B out of Miami.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 8esther8 said:

We are cruising Dec 27.  Do you think there will be a ugly sweater contest that week?

Off topic but we are cruising Dec 27 too.  I was discussing with my PVP and he said I will have to take the covid test Saturday (which is Christmas) or Sunday (the day we are driving to the port).  Have you thought about what you plan to do to get the covid test?

• 7 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 10:56 AM, stellarose said:

Do they "light" the menorah every night or just the first night?

On 11/2/2021 at 12:46 PM, Grannygirl21 said:
On 11/2/2021 at 5:31 AM, 8esther8 said:

Off topic but we are cruising Dec 27 too.  I was discussing with my PVP and he said I will have to take the covid test Saturday (which is Christmas) or Sunday (the day we are driving to the port).  Have you thought about what you plan to do to get the covid test?

I, too, am sailing 12/27 on the Celebration.  If we are up to date with vaccines, we can take the test 12/24 which is 3 days before we sail.

3 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I, too, am sailing 12/27 on the Celebration.  If we are up to date with vaccines, we can take the test 12/24 which is 3 days before we sail.

I think the previous poster sailed last Christmas as their post was back in November.  

• Like 1

This photo was from my Spring Break 2022 cruise, but they do sell Christmas sweaters onboard.

Also, I was on Carnival Pride for Christmas 2017. There were Christmas activities, but they were more secular than Christian. That is, Santa Claus, not Jesus. 

87105072-365E-4C9B-8535-6F6F04DCBCD0.jpeg