What if I test Positive and can't board the ship?

alwysonvctn

I am sorry, I am sure this has been answered multiple times but a quick search did not answer my question. A link to a previous conversation would be appreciated. 

I am about to book a last min deal on MSC, our first cruise post covid crisis. We are vaccinated. I am sure I am not alone but our concern is that we would test positive at the 2 day prior testing. Has anyone had experience with this and what is the response from MSC. Clearly you would not board the ship, but will they return our payment, taxes, give us a future credit without insurance? 

Thanks- Kellie

33 minutes ago, alwysonvctn said:

Great. So I would think if we Sail on Sat, test on Thur AM we could then move the date by 5PM Thur?

Exactly. We’re sailing Sunday 11/14th so we plan to do the monitored tele health test very early on the 12th. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, racephoto said:

I had thought that I had read that if you were fully vaccinated and tested positive you would be given a FCC. But of course I can’t find it now. 

I think you are referring to this. But actually you can get money back or an FCC.
"MSC Cruises COVID-19 Assistance will be provided at no extra charge for guests who are fully vaccinated"

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/-/media/usa/documents/insurance_final.pdf

Bret

• Like 4

Thanks Bret.

I think many of us are getting nervous as our cruise dates get closer. 

We are going to try and limit  our activities 2 weeks before cruise. 
Restrict contact with those we do not know and wearing masks everywhere. 
After so much planning , anticipation and waiting, it would be a shame to test positive right before the cruise.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, alwysonvctn said:

Great. So I would think if we Sail on Sat, test on Thur AM we could then move the date by 5PM Thur?

We are sailing on Nov 13, Saturday. We are taking test Thursday morning , Nov 11, before we board flight to Florida.

My thinking,  based on what I read,  is that we can change to a later cruise if done by 48 hours before.  I'm assuming this means 48 hours before sail time.  We sail Sunday 31st at 6 pm. We are testing tomorrow (friday) morning, the earliest we are allowed to test.  I think we have until 6 pm tomorrow evening if we need to reschedule our cruise if we test positive. I really don't want to check my interpretation of the website! I think these expectations are way too tight. We both feel great and have been fully vaccinated for months but everything depends on testing in the morning!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MichaelJess said:

My thinking,  based on what I read,  is that we can change to a later cruise if done by 48 hours before.  I'm assuming this means 48 hours before sail time.  We sail Sunday 31st at 6 pm. We are testing tomorrow (friday) morning, the earliest we are allowed to test.  I think we have until 6 pm tomorrow evening if we need to reschedule our cruise if we test positive. I really don't want to check my interpretation of the website! I think these expectations are way too tight. We both feel great and have been fully vaccinated for months but everything depends on testing in the morning!

Have you been cleared for take off? 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:36 PM, phissy said:

Thanks Bret.

I think many of us are getting nervous as our cruise dates get closer. 

We are going to try and limit  our activities 2 weeks before cruise. 
Restrict contact with those we do not know and wearing masks everywhere. 
After so much planning , anticipation and waiting, it would be a shame to test positive right before the cruise.

That's exactly what we did. Great feeling when you get your negative result and are clear to go.  

• Like 2

I am so over thinking this but that is who I am. 😝😁🙄

Just bought 2 Binax NOW at home Covid tests from Walgreens.

I know the results from this test are  NOT acceptable for cruising. 
I purchased them to take before 24 hour  check in for our flights.
Just want to make sure we are good to go for our flights.

They were $12 so, not a big deal. 

Our check-in is Wednesday, Nov 10. Our flight is Thursday , Nov 11.

We will take tele-med Binax NOW AG card tests before heading to the airport on Thursday.
Our cruise is Saturday, Nov 13.

I agree with Jules, it will be a great feeling when we test negative.!

Edited by phissy
  • Like 2

At least it is just pre-cruise for us. We just returned from Spain where we were required to test to come home. My husband worried the entire vacation about testing, he would not have allowed me to book this cruise if we had to test to get off the ship. 

Stupid COVID!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, alwysonvctn said:

At least it is just pre-cruise for us. We just returned from Spain where we were required to test to come home. My husband worried the entire vacation about testing, he would not have allowed me to book this cruise if we had to test to get off the ship. 

Stupid COVID!

It is definitely stressful that’s for sure. We’re spending a week in Siesta Key in a condo before we leave on Divina and the plan is to just relax and enjoy the beach and cook our meals so we don’t risk getting a positive test result before the cruise. We are going to take a rapid test a few days after we arrive in FL just to be sure. 
Hope you had fun in Spain (despite the angst of testing positive hanging over your heads) were you on a cruise? 

50 minutes ago, styles27 said:

It is definitely stressful that’s for sure. We’re spending a week in Siesta Key in a condo before we leave on Divina and the plan is to just relax and enjoy the beach and cook our meals so we don’t risk getting a positive test result before the cruise. We are going to take a rapid test a few days after we arrive in FL just to be sure. 
Hope you had fun in Spain (despite the angst of testing positive hanging over your heads) were you on a cruise? 

Thanks, we did have fun. Visited Madrid, Seville and Cordoba. Not on a cruise, just land based. We are in need of a relaxing cruise after our stressful Spain trip. 😉

Enjoy Siesta Key, that's a great way to "quarantine" pre cruise. We live only about 60 miles from the port. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alwysonvctn said:

Thanks, we did have fun. Visited Madrid, Seville and Cordoba. Not on a cruise, just land based. We are in need of a relaxing cruise after our stressful Spain trip. 😉

Enjoy Siesta Key, that's a great way to "quarantine" pre cruise. We live only about 60 miles from the port. 

That sounds wonderful! Can’t wait to get back to Europe…hoping for next Spring. 

Thank you! 
You’re very lucky to live so close to the port. Once we do the 60/40 FL/RI split we plan on jumping on a lot of last minute cruises!

• Like 1