New Orleans carnival glory

stephanieelena

9 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Check out the New Orleans port forum.  Someone might have some ideas there.

Buy, yeah, you're going to pay handsomely for parking in New Orleans.  You might do better to fly.

Thank you. I'll check a few flights, but I live in Texas so I just figured it would be cheaper. How do I find New Orleans port forum. I tried the search section but nothing came up. I'll keep trying. 

39 minutes ago, stephanieelena said:

Thank you. I'll check a few flights, but I live in Texas so I just figured it would be cheaper. How do I find New Orleans port forum. I tried the search section but nothing came up. I'll keep trying. 

It looks like the mods have moved the thread to the proper forum. I guess there isn't a NOLA forum. 

I poked around a little and saw that New Orleans port parking is $10/day. That's better than I expected. You might be better off driving after all! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stephanieelena said:

How do I find New Orleans port forum. I tried the search section but nothing came up.

Howdy @stephanieelena from a fellow Texan! emo22.gif

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

And speaking of pinned threads, please note the following at the top of the first page of threads in this forum: Want MORE information about New Orleans? To help you out, click here to go directly to the Ports of Call New Orleans forum.

I hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

On 10/29/2021 at 1:44 AM, Host Kat said:

Howdy @stephanieelena from a fellow Texan! emo22.gif

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

And speaking of pinned threads, please note the following at the top of the first page of threads in this forum: Want MORE information about New Orleans? To help you out, click here to go directly to the Ports of Call New Orleans forum.

I hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

Thank you fellow Texan. I'm so excited 😊 🤗 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I've driven to N.O. I park Fulton,  no problems there so far.   My brother pays twice the rate to park at cruise port block or so away, he has more money than I do. LOL

Have always taken shuttle due to others with me, but could easily walk it with luggage.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 1:31 PM, Plmkrze said:

I just booked this for our Cruise on December 5th....Was wondering why it was only 12 per day seems very cheep. Could have sworn it was like 20 per day

IDK where in Texas but i have driven that a few times from Houston

if you are a solo it is cheaper to fly----- Airport shuttle $44 rt

2 people it is close to a wash

3 or more cheaper to drive

Fulton pkg garage is cheapest in that area most hotels $20-60 a night for parking

Hotels

Hyatt Place New Orleans/convention center basically across street half block walk

Marriott New Orleans warehouse district a block further

Springhill suites new orleans convention center about same distance as Marriott

Edited by jonbgd

On 11/18/2021 at 10:25 AM, wolft927 said:

I just booked this for our Cruise on December 5th....Was wondering why it was only 12 per day seems very cheep. Could have sworn it was like 20 per day

It is an older building, but it does the job.  If you're not worried about your car out in the weather (I park outside at home)  uncovered rooftop parking only $10 a day.

On 11/18/2021 at 4:34 PM, jonbgd said:

Marriott New Orleans warehouse district a block further

I have stayed there and can recommend it.  But, it a bit of a hike to get to the French Quarter.  

Edited by rkacruiser