Zumba on Princess?

danny8826

Hi,

We haven't sail with Princess before.  We are looking at booking the Ruby Princess for Christmas Cruise this year (Dec 2021) departing from San Francisco.  

For those who has been on the Ruby Princess recently, please let us know if there are any Zumba classes offer onboard.  My travel companion is very active and love Zumba.  

Thank you,

Danny

8 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I can't answer for the Ruby but I have been reading the patters from the current Emerald Cruise and it's been listed on there a few times. It has been taking place in a lounge during the morning.

Thank you.  

• Like 1

They had Zumba classes just about every day in the theater on our recent Grand cruise.  It seems to start around 9 am.  I was out walking the promenade deck and would go right by it every loop (had to pass by inside to make a round).  Wide variety of music and everyone looked to be having a great time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

They had Zumba classes just about every day in the theater on our recent Grand cruise.  It seems to start around 9 am.  I was out walking the promenade deck and would go right by it every loop (had to pass by inside to make a round).  Wide variety of music and everyone looked to be having a great time.

Thank you.  I hope they would have the same for the Ruby Princess.

12 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

My daughter does Zumba dancing, she would love to continue practising it on board the cruiser. I mean, in general its a great option to send you kids to while you are having fun at the bar or in the swimming pool. I wonder how they deal with kids on board these days 

45 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

My daughter does Zumba dancing, she would love to continue practising it on board the cruiser. I mean, in general its a great option to send you kids to while you are having fun at the bar or in the swimming pool. I wonder how they deal with kids on board these days 

There aren't any kids on Princess right now - have to be vaccinated.  SOON though - 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I do some Zumba too, but my travel companion does them 2x to 3x per week or more.

One of my close friends is a Zumba instructor and we always tease him that if he goes on a cruise with us, he can teach Zumba.  He's certified to teach on land.  

I've been reading the patters from the various Live From threads because I do Z 3x per week, and on board it's one of the ways I keep from gaining a gazillion pounds. Generally I see the Zumba classes are listed at 9am or 9:30, and on the Grand class ships they are in the Vista Lounge. That is where they've always been on our pre-Covid cruises.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

I've been reading the patters from the various Live From threads because I do Z 3x per week, and on board it's one of the ways I keep from gaining a gazillion pounds. Generally I see the Zumba classes are listed at 9am or 9:30, and on the Grand class ships they are in the Vista Lounge. That is where they've always been on our pre-Covid cruises.

Thank you.

• Like 1

We just got off the Majestic and zumba was originally at 9 and they moved it to 10:30 and it was up in the basketball court.  which was nice as it felt better to be able to take the mask off and know we were in open air.  One day due to late arrival it was at 8:30 pm in the Vista lounge.....according to the medallion app no one had "reserved" that they would show up for that one....lol we never went to check it out as we were doing trivia

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

We just got off the Majestic and zumba was originally at 9 and they moved it to 10:30 and it was up in the basketball court.  which was nice as it felt better to be able to take the mask off and know we were in open air.  One day due to late arrival it was at 8:30 pm in the Vista lounge.....according to the medallion app no one had "reserved" that they would show up for that one....lol we never went to check it out as we were doing trivia

Thank you.

Zumba is free and held in club fusion on sea days. I understand that it is still being held during the covid era. The few times I have not seen Zumba sessions is when the CD staff does not have a certified instructor on board. Check times and days from the onboard schedule. It should appear on the app about two weeks prior to the voyage and also in the daily Princess Patter once on board. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skynight said:

Zumba is free and held in club fusion on sea days. I understand that it is still being held during the covid era. The few times I have not seen Zumba sessions is when the CD staff does not have a certified instructor on board. Check times and days from the onboard schedule. It should appear on the app about two weeks prior to the voyage and also in the daily Princess Patter once on board. 

Thank you.