Is the Captain's club dead?

maxsales

On 11/13/2021 at 3:02 PM, Hlitner said:

Another good measure is to look at the crew to passenger ratio which is far more favorable on the luxury lines. 

Disregarding the current crazy situations where we have more crew than pax on some cruises ... we're calling this the 'Golden Age' - not likely to ever see it again ...

Note that Celebrity still maintains closer to a 2:1 pax to crew ratio vs. the closer to 3:1 on many other 'mainstream' lines, and the difference has always been apparent to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2021 at 12:49 PM, RollWave said:

There is more just do not feel like rehashing. I have been in touch with our travel agent. I have sent an email to the celebrity email. I am going to mail a copy of the email with a letter to Celebrity senior management.

It's like a tale of two cities - descriptive, but granted not a good metaphor from the book.  We were on the same cruise.

Apparently the time in Cadiz wasn't enough to refresh all of the cabins.  The several cabins that we visited we all completely overhauled with new drapes, carpet, upholstery & etc. (as was the case for all common areas of the ship), and our section of the ship never underwent the 'brown water' episodes we've heard from other quarters, though we also heard that resolution for that was an ongoing project that had started even before embarkation.

On 12/4/2021 at 12:27 PM, canderson said:

It's like a tale of two cities - descriptive, but granted not a good metaphor from the book.  We were on the same cruise.

Apparently the time in Cadiz wasn't enough to refresh all of the cabins.  The several cabins that we visited we all completely overhauled with new drapes, carpet, upholstery & etc. (as was the case for all common areas of the ship), and our section of the ship never underwent the 'brown water' episodes we've heard from other quarters, though we also heard that resolution for that was an ongoing project that had started even before embarkation.

I am happy for the passengers who had updated cabins and did not experience the brown water episodes. To be completely forthcoming it was brown & orange water with chunks of similar colored debris and it stained the sink bowl. Our cabin was very tired and worn with a very old sagging burgundy fabric couch, missing curtain, old carpet, and beige formica surfaces (not even the burled wood looking surfaces)

Comments from other passengers in our section of the ship (by the way - we were in and paid for Aqua Class): "this is the worst cruise ever", "the cabin is disgusting", and "shocking that a Celebrity ship is so gross"

Perhaps there was not enough time in Cadiz to update all of the cabins but there was certainly time to walk through each cabin to run the water, check the lights, replace missing curtains, and check the door locks. All basic property management items.

Definitely sounds like a ship of "haves" and "have nots". 

To bring it back to the topic - in my opinion, due to the lack of response from anyone a Celebrity to a loyal passenger, the Captain's Club is most certainly dead!

• Haha 2

On 12/4/2021 at 11:53 AM, RollWave said:

Thus far no response from Celebrity. It has been three weeks and I have emailed them 2-3 times per week.

On the Constellation sailing we used a TA that we do not normally use. They said they reached out and they gave us a different email to use.

We just cancelled our December 9th Millenium sailing. The Millenium sailing and our January Edge sailing are booked with our usual TA. She has been very helpful - instructed me to keep emailing. She said that Celebrity is very difficult to reach but eventually they will respond.  She also said she would do what she could with the Millenium sailing in terms of possibly getting a refund, but it would most likely be a FCC. She confirmed that the Constellation experience was unacceptable. 

We will go on the Edge sailing. We may use the FCC. We are definitely researching other cruise lines to spend our time and money with for future cruise travel. We have a very long bucket list and are recent empty nesters!

send an email to LLP, someone on her team will most likely respond.  Send pix/vids if you have them; this should be a lesson for all, take videos and pictures of anything unacceptable so they can’t be “downplayed”.