What If?

babs135

Just suppose you were recovering from a chest infection but still had a nasty hacking cough.  All tests done had come back negative.  Would you be denied boarding?

Please note this is purely hypothetical I am NOT due to sail until next July.  I was just curious.

• Like 1

The answer is, if you are cruising with Princess from Southampton, you will be denied boarding. This happened to us , we were due to board Sky Princess on 22nd October, I had a cough due to asthma, I am an asthmatic and this wasn’t unusual. We tested negative at the port for covid but I declared the cough in the medical questionnaire, it asks you if you’ve had a long list of common symptoms in the last two weeks. We’re still waiting for advice from Princess as to whether we will get a refund.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ozscotart said:

The answer is, if you are cruising with Princess from Southampton, you will be denied boarding. This happened to us , we were due to board Sky Princess on 22nd October, I had a cough due to asthma, I am an asthmatic and this wasn’t unusual. We tested negative at the port for covid but I declared the cough in the medical questionnaire, it asks you if you’ve had a long list of common symptoms in the last two weeks. We’re still waiting for advice from Princess as to whether we will get a refund.

That’s pretty shocking to read. And a warning to anyone with a multitude of medical conditions which will affect nobody but the individuals themselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That’s pretty shocking to read. And a warning to anyone with a multitude of medical conditions which will affect nobody but the individuals themselves.

And it’s not as if there was any warning from Princess to people with conditions that this might happen. I note that Fred say on their website that category four people should contact them before booking, but most asthmatics wouldn’t fall in this category. 

On 11/2/2021 at 9:34 AM, babs135 said:

Just suppose you were recovering from a chest infection but still had a nasty hacking cough.  All tests done had come back negative.  Would you be denied boarding?

Please note this is purely hypothetical I am NOT due to sail until next July.  I was just curious.

I've been wondering along those lines.  Since I retired at the end of 2014, I've had just 3 colds, all of them caught on winter cruises. Can't help wondering what would happen if a nasty cold started going round the ship. They'd obviously test the passengers for COVID, but if it was a common cold the test would come back negative. But can't help thinking there'd be a chance that the passengers with a cold would be placed in isolation, just in case. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Snaxmuppet

Yes, with Princess you will not be allowed to board if you have any of the symptoms in the list. It happened to someone we knew on our last cruise on 22nd October. Whether you will get a refund is another matter... I expect it is more likely you will get FCC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 7:26 AM, Snaxmuppet said:

Yes, with Princess you will not be allowed to board if you have any of the symptoms in the list. It happened to someone we knew on our last cruise on 22nd October. Whether you will get a refund is another matter... I expect it is more likely you will get FCC.

As it happens Princess issued us a credit, given my condition I don’t see how this wouldn’t happen again, I have asked for a refund but not yet received a reply from Princess.