Coming back after 20 years, please tell me about UDP

sprinkles

Hi, all.

First cruise was RCCL (RCI now?) in 1998 and I’m only 53 lol.  Did four cruises, but not having kids switched to Princess and HAL exclusively.  Now craving some excitement and have two RCI(?) booked.  I’ve watched YouTube videos and think I’ve got it.  Is $168 pp for a 7 day cruise a good price for UDP?  Do I really need to book it now for a June cruise?  Not trying to be lazy, have 3 other cruises booked before this one, but am actually more excited about coming back to Royal.  Somebody please tell me, do they still have those delicious flakey pastries (with fruit, cheese and icing )?

Any and all suggestions/tips for my return (will be new DH first time on Royal).  Between the two cruises, new ports will be Coco Kay, Labadee and Roatan .  What about shows?

Happy Sailing Everybody!

Tammy

Welcome back !

What ship will you be on ?  The value of the UDP is directly (IMO) dependent upon what class of ship you are sailing.  $168 PP/PD on an Oasis class ship would be a very good price (if that price already includes the tips).  There are many more choices of dining venues on the O class ships.  The UDP can get a bit redundant if you are on one of the smaller ships that only have a couple of specialty restaurants.

I'm seeing two different prices, $255.39 and $168.00 for the Unlimited Dining Package for my 6 day cruise in May on Allure. Why the heck is that? I don't see any differences between the two.

Capture.JPG

Edited by cerebus76

My guess is that this is a glitch (who's surprised ?).  The $168 is most likely the old price under the old Cruise Planner program and the $235.39 is probably the new "My Royal Cruise" price.  Under Cruise Planner, the gratuities were already included.  In MRC, the gratuities still have to be added.  But even then, $235.39 is a very odd amount.  The MRC pricing is usually something like $166.99 (see below). With gratuities included, the total price for the UDP below comes out to $197.05.

Just a guess

image.png.c91f0636275cd02417c799cadb9a8da8.png

13 minutes ago, cerebus76 said:

Thanks for the info. Not the only glitch either, 🙄

Edit: Went through the checkout at the $168 option for unlimited dining and gratuities are listed as "included."

Then it seems that the $168 UDP on Allure with grats included is quite a bargain - even for 6 nights.  I would snap that up before it goes away.

1 hour ago, sprinkles said:

Hi, all.

First cruise was RCCL (RCI now?) in 1998 and I’m only 53 lol.  Did four cruises, but not having kids switched to Princess and HAL exclusively.  Now craving some excitement and have two RCI(?) booked.  I’ve watched YouTube videos and think I’ve got it.  Is $168 pp for a 7 day cruise a good price for UDP?  Do I really need to book it now for a June cruise?  Not trying to be lazy, have 3 other cruises booked before this one, but am actually more excited about coming back to Royal.  Somebody please tell me, do they still have those delicious flakey pastries (with fruit, cheese and icing )?

Any and all suggestions/tips for my return (will be new DH first time on Royal).  Between the two cruises, new ports will be Coco Kay, Labadee and Roatan .  What about shows?

Happy Sailing Everybody!

Tammy

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Welcome back !

What ship will you be on ?  The value of the UDP is directly (IMO) dependent upon what class of ship you are sailing.  $168 PP/PD on an Oasis class ship would be a very good price (if that price already includes the tips).  There are many more choices of dining venues on the O class ships.  The UDP can get a bit redundant if you are on one of the smaller ships that only have a couple of specialty restaurants.

That is a good price for the UDP.  How many sea days are there?      It includes lunch on sea days, which seems to include boarding day.

The only ship on which it would be a bad choice is Enchantment.  😄  😉  

(Enchantment only has Chops )

Thanks all.  First cruise is on Liberty of the Seas (second is on Mariner , but that is a charter).  There are three sea days on this 7 night cruise.  I just went to book it at $168 pp then it wanted time?  If I book this do I have to pre make all my reservations?

1 minute ago, sprinkles said:

Thanks all.  First cruise is on Liberty of the Seas (second is on Mariner , but that is a charter).  There are three sea days on this 7 night cruise.  I just went to book it at $168 pp then it wanted time?  If I book this do I have to pre make all my reservations?

Nope just the first night. It's a courtesy hold on a time for you. They will book you in one of the restaurants. If you don't like their choice of restaurant, you can change it when on board.