Halloween cruise

JimmyTheSaint

We'll be on a cruise next year during Halloween. I've read the information on the Carnival website but I'd just like to hear from those who've actually experienced being onboard during Halloween. Are there many guests who dress in costume, is it worth bringing a costume with us? Any advice would be appreciated.

I am on the Pride that set sail on October 31. There were a quite a few people with costumes running the gamut from fun hat to very elaborate costumes. I did not have a costume. I decided it was not worth the packing space. 

There were no specific events such as a costume contest or special Halloween party. 

Our cruise ended on Halloween day but there was a set night during my cruise that had Halloween happenings going on.

I saw a LOT of people in costumes, most very creative, fun to watch. I beleive there was a party-costume contest, trick or treating for the kids, there was also one Halloween themed photo op.

I was on the Mardi Gras the first week of October. They had a halloween costume contest, and they also had Halloween drinks served at different bars across the ship. They also had a green screen set up to take your pictures and added a horror background on your pictures. They were really cool. We actually bought all of those and didnt buy the normal pictures

Does Carnival have the blow-up Halloween decorations? I’ve been on a few Halloween cruises on Royal and they go all out with blow-up haunted houses, pumpkins, scary creatures, etc. They had a parade of costumed guests and it was great!  

On 11/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, JimmyTheSaint said:

We'll be on a cruise next year during Halloween. I've read the information on the Carnival website but I'd just like to hear from those who've actually experienced being onboard during Halloween. Are there many guests who dress in costume, is it worth bringing a costume with us? Any advice would be appreciated.

We were just on Mardi Gras for Halloween/formal night and there were a lot of people that did dress up.    Our costumes were relatively simple but many were elaborate, especially those entered in the costume contest !   The judging included individual /  small group  / large group.   It was so much fun !!  👻 🤩   

On October 31, daytime Halloween activities included trivia,  scavenger hunt, Thriller dance class, etc.    They did offer some spooky drink specials.

On 11/3/2021 at 11:59 PM, ladysail2 said:

Does Carnival have the blow-up Halloween decorations? I’ve been on a few Halloween cruises on Royal and they go all out with blow-up haunted houses, pumpkins, scary creatures, etc. They had a parade of costumed guests and it was great!  

The Mardi Gras did not have blow up decorations only a large Pumpkin Pirate in a bar area along with some Halloween garland and pumpkins.   It was a bit underwhelming but the passenger contest was a lot of fun !!  

Carnival pumpkin pirate.jpeg

I remember signs all over the blow-up versions for kids not to jump on the displays…I suppose they might tear and deflate causing injury.  Maybe that’s why there weren’t any.       ‘Patch’ is a little scary looking. He’s big anyway. Thanks for the picture!  

• Like 1

I was on a B2B Miracle during this years Halloween. Only PATCH, no blow ups like in past years.I was disappointed.

We hardly had any children onboard, so the logic of kids jumping on them doesn’t seem like a valid reason me.  

I don’t recall past fully decorated Halloween cruises having children climbing over the blow ups …

I always wear a costume, but sadly the majority do not.  I 💛 Halloween and decorate our house (inside & out) for the month of October every year too! 😁😁 

Like any other clothing decision on cruises …. Wear what makes you comfortable, it’s your vacation.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

On 11/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, JimmyTheSaint said:

I have done a few Halloween cruises and yes many do dress up, it is a blast, below is me as a cat burglar and my BFF as a black cat. Also a few other random pics, so if you like dressing up I would say do it.  

halloween.jpg

halloween 3.jpg

halloween 4.jpg

halloween 6.jpg

halloween 2.jpg

On 11/2/2021 at 5:11 PM, StolidCruiser said:

Been on two.  There are enough to watch and enjoy but not as many as you think.  A few dozen out of thousands, if I were to guess.

Unless you yourself are really into it and have a great costume, pass.

That was not true of any of the Halloween cruises I have been on, it was way ore than a few dozen.