Economical way to get to Ft Lauderdale from Orlando

ssbeard1

Is there a reasonably economical way to get from Orlando airport to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal.   I’m needing this for 8 people.  I’m finding airfare astronomical currently, but can fly into Orlando for half the price ($500 vs $250 or less).   When paying for 8 it adds up.  

3 minutes ago, ssbeard1 said:

Is there a reasonably economical way to get from Orlando airport to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal.   I’m needing this for 8 people.  I’m finding airfare astronomical currently, but can fly into Orlando for half the price ($500 vs $250 or less).   When paying for 8 it adds up.  

Rent a van at Orlando, drop it off at FLL, taxi to pier --- nuisance, but probably most economic'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rent from MCO to the Port Everglades location, not FLL airport. Be sure to consider what luggage you have as there’s not alot of extra space in a regular-sized van. 

Renting two or three minivans might be cheaper.

As to directions, it is hard to get lost. Two different ways to go each have basically two exits. Another way has three, all highway to highway, except for 200 feet or so of surface streets.

• Thanks 1

If you decide to fly into Orlando I would make sure to stay one night in a hotel prior to embarkation day at Port Everglades. The trip between cities is approximately two hundred twenty five miles and if your considering an early flight into Orlando followed by a four hour drive to Fort Lauderdale  one hiccup in your plans and the ship will sail without you. Also, a vehicle rental for eight passengers is usually expensive due to low inventories for that type of vehicle. Two minivan type rental vehicles are usually more reasonable. A one night stay in Fort Lauderdale will leave you refreshed and ready to start your wonderful cruise vacation.

Rental cars in South Florida have been historically inexpensive.  Not so any longer.  Check the rental car rates and availability.  They've increased greatly in South Florida and there are shortages of rental cars here (as in other parts of the country too).

• Like 1