Another Unwanted "Upgrade"

Ice Queen

19 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Princess views "no upgrade" as a request that they do not have to honor, if they want your cabin for any reason.

If that is the case, I would negotiate a deal that was to my satisfaction.  I am going on 31 Princess cruises, have only gotten one upgrade, when I forgot to say no upgrade.  So it seems Princess has honored my preference up to this point. 

On 11/5/2021 at 7:58 AM, geoherb said:

When they block off cabins for quarantining people, though, they have to move the existing bookings somewhere. It would be nice if Princess made sure that people received the notification instead of people discovering the move on their own. 

On my August cruise, one of the assistant cruise directors talked about being in quarantine the previous cruise. They are quarantining all oncoming crew members for a week. They are confined to balcony cabins and not allowed out. 

I book directly with Princess, so I expect them to know what cabins they might use.  

31 minutes ago, pris993 said:

I book directly with Princess, so I expect them to know what cabins they might use.  

It probably depends on when you booked. Princess may not have anticipated still needing to quarantine new crew members and having a block of cabins to quarantine passengers available as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

It probably depends on when you booked. Princess may not have anticipated still needing to quarantine new crew members and having a block of cabins to quarantine passengers available as well. 

May depend on what cabin is booked as well.  I always book a mini suite mid ship forward so probably unlikely they would use the cabin I book.