UDP Questions on Symphony

jrapps

We are going on the Symphony with the UDP. If anyone has bene on recently, what specialty dining restaurants were open for lunch on Embarkation day and Sea Days. From the planner it looks like nothing is open on Embarkation, Jamie's is open both Sea Days, and Chops is only open on the 2nd sea day, and that's it.

Also, do you still have to book all your dining after you board? I cant seem to find if there is a way in the planner to select the restaurants you want each night without paying for them again.

Sailed on the Symphony in October and Hooked is also open on seas days, the food was amazing. Ask for Girish, he gave us great service. Jamie’s was open on on our embarkation day and that’s where we ate and I think Chops was as well, but it wasn’t on the app saying it was opened. 

Thanks! We plan to do Jamies for lunch on Embarkation so this works perfectly.

Did anyone with UDP on the symphony have any issues getting their reservations once onboard? My concern is getting on the ship and being told that some venues are already sold out.

I'm already thinking we have to double up a restaurant or 2 seeing as there are 7 nights and only 4 restaurants we really want to go to. We plan to go to Jamie's, Hooked, Chops, and Wonderland. Can't do Hibachi since it is fully-vax only and my son is 8. And the menu at 150 didn't wow us but I suppose we can give it another shot.

3 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Did anyone with UDP on the symphony have any issues getting their reservations once onboard? My concern is getting on the ship and being told that some venues are already sold out.

I'm already thinking we have to double up a restaurant or 2 seeing as there are 7 nights and only 4 restaurants we really want to go to. We plan to go to Jamie's, Hooked, Chops, and Wonderland. Can't do Hibachi since it is fully-vax only and my son is 8. And the menu at 150 didn't wow us but I suppose we can give it another shot.

I would give 150 a shot, the food and service was great, we actually went there a couple times.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jrapps said:

You will have no problems getting the restaurants. Just remember to book after boarding.  You will find kiosks set up in the promenade after you board. The four restaurants you are going to are great.  Izumi was great too.  They have a separate section from the Hibachi grill.  Not the same entertainment as a Hibachi but great food.

I didn’t do it in October but I think you can still set up reservations at the restaurants.  Someone will confirm it.  If so, you could do it at Jamie’s.  Have a great cruise.  Symphony is a nice ship.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You will have no problems getting the restaurants. Just remember to book after boarding.  You will find kiosks set up in the promenade after you board. The four restaurants you are going to are great.  Izumi was great too.  They have a separate section from the Hibachi grill.  Not the same entertainment as a Hibachi but great food.

I didn’t do it in October but I think you can still set up reservations at the restaurants.  Someone will confirm it.  If so, you could do it at Jamie’s.  Have a great cruise.  Symphony is a nice ship.

Good to know Thanks,

We plan to hit Izumi sushi for lunch on a sea day. Unless they do the hibachi as takeout I think we will have to skip it (or convince my son to go to the kids club that night instead of dinner with the family)

We love Hooked and Jamies so we will probably do one of those again for dinner one night, or maybe just do a casual dinner night with playmakers.

If you just want sushi to go, does anyone know if you still need a reservation or can you just show up to do takeout?

We didn't have any problems making reservations or getting anything to go. 

What we did was booked our shows while eating at Jamie's and then the hostess took our dinner reservations for those we were ready too book...We wanted to see which venues we enjoyed the most before rebooking. When we decided all we did was dial 7000 from the room phone and made reservations. 

You didn't mention Playmakers in your list... I wouldn't discount it for lunch or a late night snack

• Like 2

In September, we went to Jamies for boarding lunch. Once the waiter took our order, I had the hostess make all of our other reservations. When we finished lunch, I entered our show reservations and found I needed to edit the restaurant times on a couple of days, but it all worked out fine.

We loved CP 150, Chops, Jamies, Izumi the most. Wonderland was fun, but I don't think I would do it again. Hooked was a disappointment, service was great, but the food was so-so.

Barb

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 12:09 PM, jrapps said:

We are going on the Symphony with the UDP. If anyone has bene on recently, what specialty dining restaurants were open for lunch on Embarkation day and Sea Days. From the planner it looks like nothing is open on Embarkation, Jamie's is open both Sea Days, and Chops is only open on the 2nd sea day, and that's it.

Also, do you still have to book all your dining after you board? I cant seem to find if there is a way in the planner to select the restaurants you want each night without paying for them again.

As soon as you board head up to Wonderland.  There was a very long line at the Promenade kiosk, somewhat long lines at the CP restaurants, a crew member said no line at Wonderland. One couple in line ahead of us and we were done in 10 minutes. Helps if you know what venues, days and times you would like to book. We were able to book through the app while in the terminal waiting to board on Allure, app did not work in the terminal for Symphony.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

We just booked the Dec 11th Symphony sailing.  I do not see UDP offered in the cruise planner.  I'm assuming it's sold out.  Do they usually offer this onboard or am I out of luck?

Thanks

I cruised October 9 on Symphony.  They stopped offering UDP and other dining plans at lease a month before the cruise.  The day we boarded they offered the plans in the pic.  I they did the same the next week.

image.thumb.jpeg.108d97f22f6e6a5f76b5bc29444e91e0.jpeg

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I cruised October 9 on Symphony.  They stopped offering UDP and other dining plans at lease a month before the cruise.  The day we boarded they offered the plans in the pic.  I they did the same the next week.

image.thumb.jpeg.108d97f22f6e6a5f76b5bc29444e91e0.jpeg

Thank you!  I'm tempted to get the unlimited dining package since there are so many choices on the Symphony.