Cancellation letter today 11-3-21 Sky, Sun and Spirit

srussell12

As we continue to redeploy our fleet around the world, we are focused on providing you with the safest and very best vacation. However, due to ongoing travel restrictions, we’ve had to modify a few sailings, and unfortunately, we must cancel Norwegian Sky with embarkation dates through and including February 11, 2022, Norwegian Spirit with embarkation dates through and including March 15, 2022 and Norwegian Sun with embarkation dates through and including March 18, 2022.

It seems quite likely there will eventually be further cancellations on the Spirit for later cruises.

Not much left of the Australia season apart from a round trip to Bali then a south Pacific reposition up to Hawaii.  We're booked on both but this makes it all but certain the Spirit won't make it to Australia in March.

Edited by Rob_H
Deleted comments abot Star

On 11/3/2021 at 9:49 PM, Scubadoc said:

We are booked may 31 on the Spirit from tahiti to Hawaii for our anniversary. Does anyone think these cancellations will affect this cruise?  We have planned so long for this. 

I’m on the Spirit from Hawaii to Alaska on June 12. Fingers crossed!

On 11/3/2021 at 9:49 PM, Scubadoc said:

We are booked may 31 on the Spirit from tahiti to Hawaii for our anniversary. Does anyone think these cancellations will affect this cruise?  We have planned so long for this. 

These cancellations will not.

That's not to say there won't later be cancellations that will.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:17 PM, srussell12 said:

As we continue to redeploy our fleet around the world, we are focused on providing you with the safest and very best vacation. However, due to ongoing travel restrictions, we’ve had to modify a few sailings, and unfortunately, we must cancel Norwegian Sky with embarkation dates through and including February 11, 2022, Norwegian Spirit with embarkation dates through and including March 15, 2022 and Norwegian Sun with embarkation dates through and including March 18, 2022.

The handwriting was on the wall several weeks ago with continuing issues of closed ports for these cruises.  It became clear in NCLH's earnings call last Wednesday where they provided a chart showing later than originally planned return-to-service dates for these ships.  We'd already cancelled our Sun cruise as a result.  I wish all better success on rebooked cruises.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Did NCL offer anything in compensation  for the cancelations?   We are booked on the February 14, 2022 Sky and think it might not happen now.

Back in pre-Covid days they would but I don't know about now.  We had three cruises in a row from Miami canceled because the ships were chartered out.  NCL reimbursed charges to rebook flights and provided OBC.  I believe they also reimbursed airfare for those who couldn't reschedule a cruise. We ended up with $800 of OBC when we finally cruised.  As I said, though, that was pre-Covid.

9 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

The handwriting was on the wall several weeks ago with continuing issues of closed ports for these cruises.  It became clear in NCLH's earnings call last Wednesday where they provided a chart showing later than originally planned return-to-service dates for these ships.  We'd already cancelled our Sun cruise as a result.  I wish all better success on rebooked cruises.

Do you have a link to that chart , please? I want to see what they list for the Sky. Our cruise is late April. Thanks. 

19 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

Do you have a link to that chart , please? I want to see what they list for the Sky. Our cruise is late April. Thanks. 

See the related post above.  The PowerPoint presentation is on the NCLH "for investors" page.  The Sky returns to service in February 2022.

12 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Did NCL offer anything in compensation  for the cancelations?   We are booked on the February 14, 2022 Sky and think it might not happen now.

An automatic full refund, and the "10% OFF* discount on your next cruise with us" (only one per account, so nothing extra for those who've had multiple cruises cancelled).

Still, with the way prices are rising and availability is shrinking, we're leaving all 2O-odd of our existing cruise bookings in place just in case they actually happen (and we are able to get to them).  It'll be a while before any of them reach final payment.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:17 PM, srussell12 said:

Thank you for posting this information.   Canceled our Sky February 14, 2022 today and booked the Joy and for roughly the same price and three additional  nights.