Another Newbie Question : Beverages on Oceania

Guppy99

5 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Also new to Oceania and looking forward to our March sailing! Where will I find these 2 for 1 drink specials (the early ones, not the late ones)? Are they planned in the daily info or more of a pop up in a bar? Thank you.

Look on the back of the  daily CURRENTS newsletter  for the location 

Usually available  from 5-6pm in Martinis & Horizons

some exceptions apply to the 2 for 1 deal

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, madera1 said:

Is it difficult to obtain glasses of wine throughout the meal if you have chosen the beverage pkg as part of O Life? Also, if we choose to upgrade the drink package will we have a greater selection of wines?

The selection of wines by the glass is the same regardless of package, or no package.

Pre-Covid, with near capacity ships, wine service in the Terrace was often poor on a good day. Wine service in the GDR and Specialties has normally been very good. The Terrace is for Teatotallers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

The selection of wines by the glass is the same regardless of package, or no package.

Pre-Covid, with near capacity ships, wine service in the Terrace was often poor on a good day. Wine service in the GDR and Specialties has normally been very good. The Terrace is for Teatotallers. 

Yes, sometimes true in the Terrace, but on my last cruise on Riviera in Dec of 19 they had stepped up their game on wine service. As you said, in the other restaurants there is no issue. 

Edited by ORV

We have not experienced any issues with the wine service anywhere on the ship, be it TC, GDR or Specialties. There are plenty of wine stewards taking care of us over the four segments we have sailed on Riviera. Sail and enjoy!
Mauibabes 

22 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Not when you order a bottle 😉

We haven't sailed since Nov '17 thanks to Covid and some other personal difficulties but we never had a problem getting wine service in Terrace ... not that we often dine there.  But we usually do at least 3-4 times on a cruise.

Yes, it's better if you have a bottle than if you are ordering by the glass.  But we never had a problem.

I guess I should say that *I* ever had a problem since DH tends to limit himself to a sip from my wine glass.

There was one time on the 2017 cruise when the butler brought up our wine bottle to Terrace and left it with a server ...who never brought it to us even though we had been described by the butler AND we had told our food server that we were waiting for the bottle.

It did eventually return to our room ...

Mura

• Thanks 1