Deposit question

CarnieAddict

So my question is,  I am looking at a 14 day cruise in 2023. We normally book balconies,  but we would not be able to afford a balcony on this cruise.  We have an interior booked on an European cruise  August 2022. So if we decide we absolutely hate an interior room can we cancel that cruise and use the deposit for another cruise? Thanks.

19 minutes ago, CarnieAddict said:

So my question is,  I am looking at a 14 day cruise in 2023. We normally book balconies,  but we would not be able to afford a balcony on this cruise.  We have an interior booked on an European cruise  August 2022. So if we decide we absolutely hate an interior room can we cancel that cruise and use the deposit for another cruise? Thanks.

As long as you cancel before final payment date then you will get a refund of your deposit to your credit card and then you can pay to put a deposit on a new cruise. 

51 minutes ago, CarnieAddict said:

It depends.  Where is "PEI?"  Some deposits from outside the U.S. are not refundable.

30 minutes ago, CarnieAddict said:

Canada.  I wouldn't want a refund.  I would put it towards another cruise. 

A non refundable deposit usually can’t be transferred either (and that is the case with NCL ones).

I don’t know whether deposits are refundable or not in Canada though.

28 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

A non refundable deposit usually can’t be transferred either (and that is the case with NCL ones).

I don’t know whether deposits are refundable or not in Canada though.

Canada is the same as the US so yes, it can also be transferred to another cruise if it's a matter of changing dates or whatever the reason.  I've done a few times. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CarnieAddict said:

So,,, probably not transfer. You can cancel and use that money however you want (so long as you are outside of the cancellation penalty window).