Post-cruise survey from NCL?

Shellbelle28

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I specifically asked them for that card. They said they weren’t doing that any longer, and that all they had was the post-cruise survey. She mentioned Covid. I wonder whether she was mistaken. 

They had Vacation Hero cards last week on the Bliss. I didn't have time to fill them out, that's why I am hoping to get a survey!

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

I specifically asked them for that card. They said they weren’t doing that any longer, and that all they had was the post-cruise survey. She mentioned Covid. I wonder whether she was mistaken. 

We submitted several Heroes cards on the Epic in October and the Escape in September.  Seems strange that they would not have them on the Breakaway.

13 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

We submitted several Heroes cards on the Epic in October and the Escape in September.  Seems strange that they would not have them on the Breakaway.

I agree. But I can only tell you what I was told. I did make a point of mentioning each of those folks by name at the end of the survey. 

I also specifically asked on Breakaway 9/26/21 and was told they didn't have them any longer.

Like others have said, other ships seem to have the Vacation Hero cards.  Going back on Breakaway Sunday and will dig a little deeper but they definitely did not have them on display nor delivered to the cabin.  None at Guest Services.

Was one of the best ways to recognize people who went that extra mile.  I also liked when they were called S.T.Y.L.E cards!  Crew always said it meant so much to them!

12 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Strange considering the Epic is the one where we did shop excursions in Italy and wore wore masks inside with the buffet being served to you so it's the one that has the most Covid restrictions. Yet cards were freely available

11 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

I also specifically asked on Breakaway 9/26/21 and was told they didn't have them any longer.

Like others have said, other ships seem to have the Vacation Hero cards.  Going back on Breakaway Sunday and will dig a little deeper but they definitely did not have them on display nor delivered to the cabin.  None at Guest Services.

Was one of the best ways to recognize people who went that extra mile.  I also liked when they were called S.T.Y.L.E cards!  Crew always said it meant so much to them!

Thanks for posting this; now I know I'm not crazy.  🤣

Now that we know other ships still use the cards, it would be interesting to learn why the Breakaway doesn't. (Maybe they really don't want to handle that paper any longer during the pandemic, as they told me.)

Have a GREAT trip!!!

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for posting this; now I know I'm not crazy.  🤣

Now that we know other ships still use the cards, it would be interesting to learn why the Breakaway doesn't. (Maybe they really don't want to handle that paper any longer during the pandemic, as they told me.)

Have a GREAT trip!!!

"Handling paper" during Covid was the reason given for discontinuing the daily crossword puzzles and sudoku.  Funny thing, though, they still passed out the Freestyle Daily.

6 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

"Handling paper" during Covid was the reason given for discontinuing the daily crossword puzzles and sudoku.  Funny thing, though, they still passed out the Freestyle Daily.

I seem to recall comments from the early post-covid cruises that implied that the Freestyle Daily was sent out electronically - probably didn't go over too well.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

I seem to recall comments from the early post-covid cruises that implied that the Freestyle Daily was sent out electronically - probably didn't go over too well.

Can't say for certain what the rational may have been, but on both the Encore in September and the Epic in October they were distributing paper copies of the Freestyle Daily to all occupied cabins.  They did not, however, have a supply of them on the racks near the Guest Services Desk as they normally would.  The brochures, etc. that normally would be on display near the help desk also were nowhere to be seen.  I suppose they did not want folks picking them up, looking at them, then returning them to the rack.  It would have been impossible for the crew to maintain sanitary conditions in that case.  Also, the library cabinets remained locked throughout our cruises.  They didn't want people touching the books and then returning them to the shelf.

15 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Can't say for certain what the rational may have been, but on both the Encore in September and the Epic in October they were distributing paper copies of the Freestyle Daily to all occupied cabins.  They did not, however, have a supply of them on the racks near the Guest Services Desk as they normally would.  The brochures, etc. that normally would be on display near the help desk also were nowhere to be seen.  I suppose they did not want folks picking them up, looking at them, then returning them to the rack.  It would have been impossible for the crew to maintain sanitary conditions in that case.  Also, the library cabinets remained locked throughout our cruises.  They didn't want people touching the books and then returning them to the shelf.

As I said, electronic versions probably didn't go over well, for any number of reasons, so that idea went by the wayside fast.  Yes, they are distributing paper copies now - I got them on the Getaway in October. But still no brochures, etc in the lobby - you have to get excursion info on the TV.

Those first cruises in August probably resulted in a lot of changes going forward.

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

What was the issue with 911 availability on the Encore?

If you read end of my encore review, i describe it there, basically my husband called 911 twice and no one picked up, I had to go in search of someone in the hall and then had to use the phone thats by elevator banks to call 911 and someone finally picked up. Then it was a nice long 5 minutes until they showed up on deck 9. 

We usually receive them in less than a week. We always take the time to fill them out. I try to give positive comments when earned, but do give comments intended to improve the experience when necessary. Never received any follow up that I can remember.

23 minutes ago, Biffire said:

We usually receive them in less than a week. We always take the time to fill them out. I try to give positive comments when earned, but do give comments intended to improve the experience when necessary. Never received any follow up that I can remember.

The survey we received this week specifically stated at the end that there would be no follow up, and that if there were a matter as to which you did want follow up, to contact NCL about it, and provided a link for doing so.