Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

1 hour ago, uktog said:

When you get a chance can you see if anyone is still cruising with an exemption certificate re YF. I’m not allowed one 

Notice delivered to all cabins today saying to go to Guest Relations if you have an exemption letter. My guess is so they can transmit it to the immigration officials. If you have the vaccination shown on your yellow card, you don't have to do anything more. 

39 minutes ago, earth117 said:

Notice delivered to all cabins today saying to go to Guest Relations if you have an exemption letter. My guess is so they can transmit it to the immigration officials. If you have the vaccination shown on your yellow card, you don't have to do anything more. 

Thanks. I’m going to follow this closely as you travel. Enjoy! 

1 hour ago, earth117 said:

Thank you for posting this info.  Earth117, I would love if you started a topic so we could follow your cruise.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 6:37 AM, DS said:

The Quest sailed out of Miami last winter...we were on the Christmas cruise, you remember, the one that ended up with 30-40 passengers with COVID and more than 60 crew either sick or isolated.    Also missed almost half the scheduled island ports...Captain Johannes always found new ones!

We were on the Quest last year.  We departed the day after Thanksgiving.  We had the Azamazing evening on board.  

8 minutes ago, earth117 said:

Aboard the Journey: Funchal Madeira today. Due to the late start from Lisbon, the on shore time was cut from 9 hours to 4.5 hours. On the positive side, the predicted all day rain did not arrive so it was pleasant.

I'm really enjoying your posts. Hope it's smooth sailing all the way to Capetown.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:57 PM, uktog said:

Thanks. I’m going to follow this closely as you travel. Enjoy! 

Just seen a post on the other social media site from a passenger on the Journey. She says she’s been told that because she has a yellow fever exemption certificate  (I.e. hasn’t had the vaccination) she can’t go ashore in any other African country if she wants to enter South Africa.

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Just seen a post on the other social media site from a passenger on the Journey. She says she’s been told that because she has a yellow fever exemption certificate  (I.e. hasn’t had the vaccination) she can’t go ashore in any other African country if she wants to enter South Africa.

Yes I’m talking to Azamara about this as I don’t want a transit to South Africa only 

Currently on Onward. First experience of this ship. 

Positives we like the lighter colour scheme, the layout of the living room and with no sunset bar much more space to sit on the back verandah. Last nights act Unity were the best we’ve seen on an Azamara ship and Vasi in the Den is very good. Staff are trying hard. Many new faces as always some better than others. 

Patio was open last night but for us unfortunately they’ve abandoned the served evening meal in Windows. I’m sure the fans of buffets are happy, we aren’t!

Maintenance issues continue. The door of our dressing table is falling off. They can only fix it by screwing it shut so we lose both that space and the table drawer so we’ve gone for the distressed furniture look. Shower and air conditioning both can’t keep a set temperature- very annoying. All are I suppose minor issues but not what you expect in a premium line. 

Biggest bugbear by far. “Due to higher levels of consumption on the transatlantic” I quote - you know who you are - 😂😂there is NO champagne onboard. They are passing off a French sparkling wine Veuve de Verve as their premium champagne. There is also no Schweppes tonic anywhere. The bar manager has checked. He knows it’s an issue - says has to take what Miami gives him. Don’t want to sound like alcoholics maxing out on the Ultimate Package but these two issues are future deal breakers if we can’t rely on consistent product quality across four ships. 

Sailing in high winds so Decks 5 and 11 are closed. Couldn’t find anywhere on pool deck to sit yesterday lots of bottles of sun cream and bags were enjoying their holiday. Staff weren’t dealing with it. We went to use our balcony- I see what others mean. These low backed chairs are so uncomfortable and with no support are only useful I suppose for eating at the table.  Today at 1010 virtually all seats gone again. Hopefully less windy conditions and the issues will go. 

Wifi is the worst we’ve had on any Azamara ship even in Norway. It’s the usual Jam tomorrow- we are getting an upgrade soon. Appreciate its coming that doesn’t help me work a little as I have to this week. I will sort that by working ashore in each port - not ideal but ok

Still waiting for the cruise booklet with everyone’s names to arrive (day 3 now) as soon as it does will update any changes on that thread. 

In conclusion so far it’s an OK trip. Not a disaster but not up to Quest and Journeys experience in the summer. But things may change.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, uktog said:

Positives we like the lighter colour scheme, the layout of the living room and with no sunset bar much more space to sit on the back verandah. Last nights act Unity were the best we’ve seen on an Azamara ship and Vasi in the Den is very good. Staff are trying hard. Many new faces as always some better than others. 

Patio was open last night but for us unfortunately they’ve abandoned the served evening meal in Windows. I’m sure the fans of buffets are happy, we aren’t!

Maintenance issues continue. The door of our dressing table is falling off. They can only fix it by screwing it shut so we lose both that space and the table drawer so we’ve gone for the distressed furniture look. Shower and air conditioning both can’t keep a set temperature- very annoying. All are I suppose minor issues but not what you expect in a premium line. 

Biggest bugbear by far. “Due to higher levels of consumption on the transatlantic” I quote - you know who you are - 😂😂there is NO champagne onboard. They are passing off a French sparkling wine Veuve de Verve as their premium champagne. There is also no Schweppes tonic anywhere. The bar manager has checked. He knows it’s an issue - says has to take what Miami gives him. Don’t want to sound like alcoholics maxing out on the Ultimate Package but these two issues are future deal breakers if we can’t rely on consistent product quality across four ships. 

Sailing in high winds so Decks 5 and 11 are closed. Couldn’t find anywhere on pool deck to sit yesterday lots of bottles of sun cream and bags were enjoying their holiday. Staff weren’t dealing with it. We went to use our balcony- I see what others mean. These low backed chairs are so uncomfortable and with no support are only useful I suppose for eating at the table.  Today at 1010 virtually all seats gone again. Hopefully less windy conditions and the issues will go. 

Wifi is the worst we’ve had on any Azamara ship even in Norway. It’s the usual Jam tomorrow- we are getting an upgrade soon. Appreciate its coming that doesn’t help me work a little as I have to this week. I will sort that by working ashore in each port - not ideal but ok

Still waiting for the cruise booklet with everyone’s names to arrive (day 3 now) as soon as it does will update any changes on that thread. 

In conclusion so far it’s an OK trip. Not a disaster but not up to Quest and Journeys experience in the summer. But things may change.  

Doesn’t sound ideal at all, but hope it gets better. Any Whispering Angel at least?

Thanks, Ann, for taking the time to delve into the details about your experience on Onward so far. Sorry we've missed you by a week; we board on Dec. 12.

I'm particularly concerned with the shower and air conditioning not keeping a set temperature.  That sounds more than an annoyance. Doors falling off is outrageous.

Your having to spend time ashore to get your work done, absent decent w-fi on the ship, seems wrong for so many reasons. 

I hope you enjoy good weather for the rest of the cruise.

Toni

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Doesn’t sound ideal at all, but hope it gets better. Any Whispering Angel at least?

Enjoyed WA at lunch on Sunset Verandah first two days.  Saw it served in Discoveries last night as well.  So delicious.  Still need to discover good reds.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, uktog said:

I would not consider the Ultimate package if no champagne and no decent tonics. Serving expensive gin with sh**** tonic is an insult to the customer.

Faulty Wifi and a/c, full pool deck and uncomfy veranda chairs. All in all glad we have no future bookings on Onward, and we will avoid it until things change.

Hope your spirits stay high and that you enjoy the rest of the cruise.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

I would not consider the Ultimate package if no champagne and no decent tonics. Serving expensive gin with sh**** tonic is an insult to the customer.

Faulty Wifi and a/c, full pool deck and uncomfy veranda chairs. All in all glad we have no future bookings on Onward, and we will avoid it until things change.

Hope your spirits stay high and that you enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Yep we’ve no bookings on Onward and it will stay that way for now. 
But hey the sun is shining and it’s warmer than home! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Yes I’m talking to Azamara about this as I don’t want a transit to South Africa only 

Just heard from friends on Journey.  They were informed last night that yellow fever exemption letters won't cut it and they are now down to one port in Africa.  They have been granted 50% FCC but are very disappointed.

Just now, audobon_tx said:

Just heard from friends on Journey.  They were informed last night that yellow fever exemption letters won't cut it and they are now down to one port in Africa.  They have been granted 50% FCC but are very disappointed.

Yes I heard some got the chance to disembark yesterday. Wonder how they will treat my next years booking. I’m not allowed the vaccine for medical reasons and would be carrying Uk government agency paperwork to that effect. Sounds like an absolute mess. 

15 minutes ago, uktog said:

I gave them three chances to fix this - reported three times so I think it’s fair to share this picture. I wouldn’t if it had been sorted 26203937-653A-4200-BCBA-4D75AF72CC46.thumb.jpeg.0c347378b457db0e47f9a6fb5ce71b9c.jpeg

Can’t fix it…..because?  Or just no response to your reports?

Balcony cabin or CC?

Regardless, I would not be pleased, either!

Edited by takemewithyou

8 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Can’t fix it…..because?  Or just no response to your reports?

Balcony cabin or CC?

Regardless, I would not be pleased, either!

The door is the wrong size. It can only be fixed by losing the use of the drawer. It’s a balcony cabin. We are only hearing second hand what fixes they are using. Also waiting to hear about our air conditioning the room can either be freezing or scalding (all on the same setting!) no happy medium yet 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

The door is the wrong size. It can only be fixed by losing the use of the drawer. It’s a balcony cabin. We are only hearing second hand what fixes they are using. Also waiting to hear about our air conditioning the room can either be freezing or scalding (all on the same setting!) no happy medium yet 

Getting a little worried about what we may encounter 12/12!  We are boarding right behind you.  Hoping for the best.  Already know we aren’t bothering upgrading to the Ultimate package.  In fact, will have to buy or bring my own wine! 
At least the Patio was open for you!  Is the Windows buffet following any kind of theme at all?  Like Indian, Italian, etc?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Getting a little worried about what we may encounter 12/12!  We are boarding right behind you.  Hoping for the best.  Already know we aren’t bothering upgrading to the Ultimate package.  In fact, will have to buy or bring my own wine! 
At least the Patio was open for you!  Is the Windows buffet following any kind of theme at all?  Like Indian, Italian, etc?

Yes windows was Greek last night and taste of Asia tonight. 
I’m just hoping for you we got the rogue cabin. There’s lots of new staff onboard and as the restaurant manager said some are needing so much more training than others 

• Like 1