NCL website is now showing only USD -- or is my web browser

xcell

1 hour ago, xcell said:

When I go to NCL it says:   "https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/"   so I know I'm on the Canadian side

I even log into my account but everything is in USD.

I guess soon they will take over everything...

Interesting... I logged in, made sure my VPN wasn't set to a US location and experienced it too.  I wonder if this is a deliberate, new normal -- or a glitch.  I often like to book in USD but I also like knowing what the same product is going for in CDN -- and they're not always equivalent (even with the credit card currency conversion rate factored in). 

16 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

Interesting... I logged in, made sure my VPN wasn't set to a US location and experienced it too.  I wonder if this is a deliberate, new normal -- or a glitch.  I often like to book in USD but I also like knowing what the same product is going for in CDN -- and they're not always equivalent (even with the credit card currency conversion rate factored in). 

In my case, I thought that I'd use my VPN to check a European site, and it was quoting €. So it definitely isn't an NCL-wide push on USD.

2 hours ago, xcell said:

When I go to NCL it says:   "https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/"   so I know I'm on the Canadian side

I even log into my account but everything is in USD.

I guess soon they will take over everything...

Just tried your link and yes, only in USD! Must be a system glitch - perhaps check with your Travel Agent?

I'm having the same problem booking a cruise and comparing prices but when I log in my existing reservation is still in Canadian dollars.

Strange.

I hope it's not a permanent change

I've been on several Norwegian cruises and since I'm a snowbird with an American bank account and corresponding US$ Visa, usually pay with that rather than my Canadian Visa. Also my foreign exchange fees are discounted since I'm a bank retiree so it's cheaper to pay in US funds.  Yet, every time I pull up Norwegian's website and then my account, any cruise I search for comes up in Canadian dollars.  However, my account summary is in US$'s because that's the currency I pay my cruises in!  When I mentioned this to my Norwegian personal cruise consultant, he said it's because I'm in Canada and that it would show in US dollars when I'm down there. I'll definitely check that out! Right now, even when I'm on my US cell phone through T Mobile with the VPN on, it comes up in Canadian.  

This makes it frustrating to compare prices with other cruise sites other than Vacations to Go which can be switched to Canadian dollars but their exchange rate might not be very favourable.   I'm just trying to use up future cruise credits which I will never do again. I need two more cruises on a balcony for a minimum of 7 days.  I'm finding it very difficult to find an itinerary that I'm interested in and would love to check cruises on other cruise lines.