COVID cases since cruises restarted

nlktx49

Several articles I read this past week stated there had been over 1,350 cases of COVID reported on cruise ships sailing in US waters since cruises restarted.

They referenced the CDC's website where there is a listing of cruise lines and their ships, with the color codes for each. Green is the best, no cases reported. I was glad to see the Vista got this rating as I just sailed on her last week. Most of the Carnival ships received this rating. You can check it out at

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Barsnikel said:

It also said 1,350 cases over 600,000+ passengers.  That's about a 0.2% rate... pretty low in my opinion.

Oh, I agree!  I wonder how many of those passengers got off the ships at various ports, I'd think that would be the most likely place to get COVID.

• Like 2

I see Magic is yellow status. Just off yesterday, didn’t hear of anything, but when we were getting back on board in Cozumel, I noticed several boxes of supplies from eMed were being delivered on the ship. I assume they were those test kits from eMed to supply the medical needs on board.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

I see Magic is yellow status. Just off yesterday, didn’t hear of anything, but when we were getting back on board in Cozumel, I noticed several boxes of supplies from eMed were being delivered on the ship. I assume they were those test kits from eMed to supply the medical needs on board.

Breeze crew says they get tested ever 4/5 leg. Just like b2b.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

can you clarify what you mean here?  Thanks. 

That's why our brunch table was so rushed.  Every leg of the cruise pax and crew get tested. Pax were mostly scheduled at 10 am the morning before we docked, some had 1030 and ignored it and got there at 10. Our brunch didnt come for almost a hour from 830 to 930 leaving little time to eat and mixed up order anyway. 

There were a lot of b2bs on breeze getting those 20 to 100 cabins. I talked to a lot of them. We got a b2b picture and a free mimosa which I thought was nice. Here is who just did the customs, didnt go into Galveston to shop on the b2b.

20211103_094807.jpg

I saw it as well. The numbers are much lower than land. They are doing what is necessary. Those that have had it on a cruise, posted about, and survived have given very fair reviews of the situation. Some cruise lines are better about it than others, but most are positive.

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's why our brunch table was so rushed.  Every leg of the cruise pax and crew get tested. Pax were mostly scheduled at 10 am the morning before we docked, some had 1030 and ignored it and got there at 10. Our brunch didnt come for almost a hour from 830 to 930 leaving little time to eat and mixed up order anyway. 

There were a lot of b2bs on breeze getting those 20 to 100 cabins. I talked to a lot of them. We got a b2b picture and a free mimosa which I thought was nice. Here is who just did the customs, didnt go into Galveston to shop on the b2b.

20211103_094807.jpg

Oh hey I remember a crew member taking a photo of us B2B folks. I was on the Miracle a couple of weeks ago, darn I wonder where our photo was??

I didn’t even think to look till I saw your photo here … 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Barsnikel said:

It also said 1,350 cases over 600,000+ passengers.  That's about a 0.2% rate... pretty low in my opinion.

One of the articles I read stated that those 1350+ cases included the crew as well, but the number of crew was not mentioned, CC probably cannot share that employment info...

That 0.2% is much lower when you include the crew numbers.

• Like 1