Streaming football game on Sky

brovol

I know the internet is supposed to be good on princess, and watched the princess video suggesting that video chats are doable, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience streaming live games through the ESPN app?  I'm a college football addict, and have a couple high interest games I want to see.  I will be good to go if the WiFi is up to task.  Anyone have any experience with live steaming while at sea? 

• Like 1

I cannot comment on the Sky but was on the Regal with Medallion net just before the pandemic and live streaming was not very good.  The picture would break-up and was very distorted. This was on a Iphone.  The internet work very well for everything else.

I recently sailed on Majestic along the CA coast & got download speeds between 70-110 Mbps which is much better than my 25 Mbps at home on my Apple devices where I can stream programming which is mostly sports on ESPN. I didn’t do any streaming but with that download speed streaming ESPN wouldn’t be a problem.

Two years ago thought the Sky’s WiFi in the Med & on a transatlantic was fine but more knowledgeable techies & Princess state that internet is greatly affected by location than which Princess ship we’re sailing.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/onboard-experience/how-medallionnet-works.html

36D0A343-DC63-483C-8FAE-AD9485DF0DA6.jpeg

• Like 1

A word of caution: was streaming my Buckeyes radio feed via my internet package and ... it glitched every now and then, which wifi is want to do and when it did my phone hit the ship's cell tower to "find" the signal. Yup, my fault for not putting the phone in airplane mode.  Came home to a nice big cell phone bill.  Gulp!  But since we beat Penn State is so worth it!  LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Oops. Airplane mode....got it! But sounds like the audio streaming basically worked.   It was a good game though 😀. Lets see if we can get the next 3 W's

Ain't nothing wrong with pacing your balcony while Paul Keels gives you the play by play!