Does "AI" show anywhere under the reservation?

cableguy777

I have a cruise booked for January.  It has been fully paid, booked thru Celebrity website however I don't see anywhere where it specifies that AI is included under the manage reservation....   This was not a simply sail rate or a gty room booking...  I want to upgrade the drink package & wifi.  More than a few times the website says the reservation is locked... seems their website functionality is little lacking...

This will not make you feel any better but I have the same situation. On November 5 I booked a cruise for November 22. I have received e docs and they show no anything. I asked TA and she said we have al. Like you I have been trying to upgrade Classic to Premium but have been unable to do so. I do not mind waiting until boarding but there is so my anxiety trying to find out if we will have AI or not. This should not happen. 

We have had this happen in the past when using a TA. X takes a week or so to show the AI package anywhere. 

So, what I will do is wait until Monday and if nothing shows anywhere I will ask TA to investigate again and find out again if X will affirm our perks. 

I am assuming you see them on the Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy that you got from Celebrity when you booked. Look in the Cruise Planner under Order History and the beverage package & wi-fi should show there.

The option to upgrade may or may not show up in the Cruise Planner under beverage packages.  If not you can call Celebrity and upgrade over the phone.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

Your booking confirmation (pdf file) from Celebrity shows line by line the items included in AI.  If you want to upgrade wifi, do it by phone to the Captain's Club before you board and you'll receive an additional 10% discount.  They can upgrade beverage package, too.  You don't need to go through your TA to buy the upgrades; Captain's Club will do it all for you, and you'll get an email receipt.  

I've had a terrible time trying to get our invoice "adjusted" to remove the extra beverage package and correct our internet credit. We upgraded to the Indulge package when booking and it threw things off. The customer service rep on the phone from Celebrity said it can take up to 14 days, if not they can do it manually but she mumbled something about it kicks off refunds, etc... sounded messy to clean up. I can't imagine why a company of this size has such issues. The rep said the errors occurred because I booked online, if I had called them and booked on the phone she said they would have manually corrected. Uggh..Hoping this resolves itself as 14 days will be up soon.

Edited by 3boyz2keep
Removed personal info

I just booked on Monday (11/8) for a Thanksgiving cruise and had the same concern.  The only document I received to confirm the booking was the "Guest Ticket Booklet" and it said nothing about AI.  In fact, it said under Prepaid Gratuities "No".  When I went to my Cruise Planner, there was no option to upgrade the drink package or Wifi - only to purchase the packages.

I called on Tuesday and the rep I talked to spent some time doing something that resulted in me getting two more emails, one an "Online Payment Confirmation" that did indicate I had the AI benefits.  The other email had an Invoice with the line items as in the images above.  Afterwards, I was also able to upgrade my drink package in my Cruise Planner.  The rep told me that it would usually take ~10 days to get those documents and for the website to show things accurately, but he did something to push it through the day after I booked.

This is my first time cruising on Celebrity, so it was all very confusing to me.

Edited by missnd

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

On my reservation confirmation it does not specifically say AI but instead show all the promotional lines as a charge and then a credit -  you can decode them pretty easy

image.thumb.png.43e3c5f2cf69a33d3e24e09286e969a2.png

For our next cruises, I booked through Celebrity then transferred to my TA, and the TA invoice does not break things out like this. Can I get a copy of my booking/reservation confirmations somewhere on the Celebrity website?  Thx - Kay

Edited by MarKay525

On 11/12/2021 at 5:46 PM, goofysmom99 said:

Your booking confirmation (pdf file) from Celebrity shows line by line the items included in AI.  If you want to upgrade wifi, do it by phone to the Captain's Club before you board and you'll receive an additional 10% discount.  They can upgrade beverage package, too.  You don't need to go through your TA to buy the upgrades; Captain's Club will do it all for you, and you'll get an email receipt.  

Can wifi be upgraded for just a few hrs?

I don't need 2 devices for 10 days.  ONE device 2 hrs should do for a few skype calls?