Are power strips (without surge) allowed to have a cord? I just watched a video and....

BamaMomRollTide

I just watched a cruise video and this lady said that if you bring a power cord (no surge) with a cord, then it will be confiscated.  She said that only the ones without a cord ( and without surge of course) are allowed. 

For example, in the pic, she’s saying that the top one is fine but the second one would be confiscated.  Is this true?

DE91CFB7-077D-4AA4-A3F9-E80BA6FAF4CB.jpeg

Extracted from FAQ section on Carnival's webpage:

Exemptions and other considerations

• .....power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed when used with proper caution.  However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned on debarkation morning.

We bring a corded multi-outlet adapter that contains both 120VAC outlets without surge protection and 2A. USB charging ports.  It has never been confiscated.  When we cruise on RCCL, this is not allowed.

7 hours ago, BamaMomRollTide said:

I just watched a cruise video and this lady said that if you bring a power cord (no surge) with a cord, then it will be confiscated.  She said that only the ones without a cord ( and without surge of course) are allowed. 

For example, in the pic, she’s saying that the top one is fine but the second one would be confiscated.  Is this true?

DE91CFB7-077D-4AA4-A3F9-E80BA6FAF4CB.jpeg

Mine has a cord (about 12") and I've been carrying it with me for years. Just took it on the Freedom last month, again with no issue.