Question Regarding Celebrity Solstice

Viveash

I notice that Celebrity Solstice is currently on her way to San Diego, arriving later this month, after spending her Covid-19 non operational period, in waters near Singapore.

From what I can find, her next cruising season will be Alaska, commencing in May 2022, before sailing over to Japan, for a 2022/23 Asian season.

Does anyone know what she will be doing therefore, for the 6 months period between San Diego arrival and commencement of the Alaska cruise season in May next year?

I am hoping it will involve a refurbishment of some kind, because we are booked to sail on her between Hong Kong and Singapore on 27 January 2023

(fingers and toes crossed), but surely a refurbishment would not take 6 months.

I cannot find out anything online and so hoping Board members will either know or can find out for me.

Speaking to the cruise on Millennium and Equinox they said that the ships in holding pattern have a skeleton crew and stay parked at sea except occasional return to port of supplies and fuel.   When we were in Ensanada on Millennium there were about 8 ships parked off the coast and one in port getting supplies and having maintenance done.

Solstice is clipping along at 9 Knots (slow_ off the coast of Hawaii and due in San Diego on November 23

image.thumb.png.5b05b22a32b0a5738af6d87820adcfd0.png

I forgot to add -  I doubt there will be any refurbishment on the ship.   I think they will do general maintenance, painting and sanding.     My understanding is that due to financial constraints the Revolution is on hold until they start making money. 

34 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I forgot to add -  I doubt there will be any refurbishment on the ship.   I think they will do general maintenance, painting and sanding.     My understanding is that due to financial constraints the Revolution is on hold until they start making money. 

and paying down the debt they took on 

14 hours ago, Viveash said:

I am hoping it will involve a refurbishment of some kind, because we are booked to sail on her between Hong Kong and Singapore on 27 January 2023

(fingers and toes crossed), but surely a refurbishment would not take 6 months.

I cannot find out anything online and so hoping Board members will either know or can find out for me.

We were actually on the Solstice when the global suspension of passenger operations commenced.  We had planned to be on for a B2B2B2B set of cruises in New Zealand, Australian and South Pacific waters and the entire trip with some land components would have been nine weeks in duration.  We left the ship on March 20, 2020 which was a day so enjoyable (actually -- it wasn't pleasant at all) that we had the opportunity to live it twice as we crossed the International Date Line.  Fortunately we were able to book a flight back to Honolulu as the Australian Border Force closed borders on that date, but some commercial flights continued for a few days.  

In any event, the remaining Zeniths (three left in New Zealand) had lunch on the Solstice with the hotel director and a few other stripes.  At that point we all knew that the global suspension was happening, borders were closing, and the New Zealand passengers had already been removed from the ship.  The topic of the pandemic and the global suspension dominated the conversation.  The hotel director, who is actually one of my favorite hotel directors, had plans for work to be done during the suspension.  There is actually a carpet storage room on each ship and they had received a new supply, so he had plans to replace sections of hall carpeting.  They were also planning to take apart parts of the galleys and clean every piece of equipment they could.  He also wanted to take an inventory of the condition of every stateroom, and repair everything they could. All the upholstered chairs were going to be steam cleaned.  The list went on.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know how much of a renovation they managed? I read one post saying they already had the soft goods like carpet purchased before Covid so that is what they were doing. Someone else later said Cellar Masters was replaced with Craft Social.... I wish Celebrity would have done an update about what changes they made. The above chart very clearly states a date that renovations happened--but it would be nice to see some pictures or video like they did after revolutionizing Silhouette. I will admit I'm not a 100% on the difference between the "refurbishments" "revolutions" and "renovations." I'm assuming the revolutions are the most drastic change-wise.