Holland America Gift Cards with expiration on December 31, 2021. Anyone know if they have been extended?

Longwood50

Last year I purchased a block of gift cards intending to use them on a cruise in Asia.  The cruise was of course cancelled.  I used a portion of the cards for the deposit and that is now a FCC good until Dec. 31, 2022.  However the remainder are still unused.  I get conflicting answers from Holland American.  One agent said all gift cards were automatically extended until Dec. 31, 2022.  Another said that the terms were listed on the back of the card. 

One thing for sure is I received no notice from Holland America concerning the cards and indicating that the expiration date has been extended.  These were the cards that got a 20% bonus issued July 2020.

I just wondered if anyone else on cruise critic also purchased these cards and has received any official notice regarding them. 

image.png.b1c95045a40a8d0ec93af2e92d5e1328.png

I don't have an answer, but would like to think they  have to be extended.

Maintaining an expiry date of Dec 2021 would be pretty brutal from a PR perspective for HAL given where we are still at with regards to Covid.

Hopefully you will get a definitive official reply from Holland.

8 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

I'm needing the answer to this as well. Lucky you on being able to use the cards for your deposit. I tried and was not able to do so. 😞

We used HAL gift cards for deposits and final payments recently......You need to push that with your TA...does not compute.