MSC Divina 18 Day Live Cruise Blog 11/14-12/2

Motegi

17 hours ago, Motegi said:

Falmouth’s port area is quite spacious and designed well with plenty of shops for cruisers.

When I visited this port, I was surprised at what was available within the port for guests.  I needed to try to buy an item that I had lost on the ship and was pleased to find it at a very good price.  I drank an excellent Rum Punch at one of the watering holes.

Pam and I had our hearts set on eating Jamaican Patties from Juici Patties

What are Jamaican Patties?  

Day 11 - Dinner at LeMuse 

25BBB125-884C-4FED-BFB7-2E7FD6C4E36E.thumb.jpeg.5e19d627ee97e6f549d373029ad15c69.jpeg

This is a repeat of the menu from the 18th.   The only difference is that this does not coincide with the White Party like it did before.  So I was able to order the items I really wanted without fear of staining my clothes.  I’m a messy eater, BTW.

Our selections and ratings remain the same as the 18th with the addition of:

Ligurian Cioppino (not pictured) ****

French Salad: ****
Chocolate Soufflé: ****

6DC0B4B3-C415-4936-8F00-2191B693C052.thumb.jpeg.e2bd5ddd2cbb9862b3f4be947c17295d.jpeg2BEFE4F0-F124-4838-A028-FC187242D455.thumb.jpeg.355ae9d50ebe39c5414a6adce13981ef.jpeg

Edited by Motegi
  • Like 1

Day 11 - Falmouth

The theatre show was “Simply the Best” again tonight.  Please refer to my review of it from last week

Late night entertainment was the “Romeo and Juliet” game show again.  It was pretty funny last week so we went again but found that they had the exact same jokes and made the exact same situation occur.   Even the end result was exactly the same.   

Frankly, as frequent cruisers who have seen similar game shows with more spontaneous results and truly unpredictable and hilarious outcomes we think that MSC Cruise Staff didn’t have to resort to using the same gags and jokes and create the same “rigged” end result as before.  

We even talked to the couple who “won” the week before who told us that they knew the “fix” was in before they started the game.  They were told how it was going to go and what they needed to do. 

If MSC Cruise Staff are just going to run what is essentially a scripted show, it makes us not interested to see the same show again in the future.  

I’m not going to tell you what the gag is nor the outcome but you know if you’ve seen it already.  No need to see it again. 

366A6BAC-1D99-4127-91D6-73EE1E8566AB.thumb.jpeg.0647cedcdbf467940997228950ced08d.jpeg

Edited by Motegi
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your posts Motegi.  We’ve really been enjoying following along on your cruise!  We’ll be in YC on Divina on December 5th.  Since you’re posting pictures of the menus we can even plan our meals ahead!!  🙃

Do you know how full Yacht Club is?  It looks like several cabins are still available for our cruise.  Thanks again!

Bill

Ligurian Cioppino (not pictured) ****

I understand your comment about ordering this without worrying about spilling the broth of one's clothes.  I love Cioppino, but, like you, I am a messy eater at times!  It's difficult not to be with this dish.  

Day 11 - Falmouth

The theatre show was “Simply the Best” again tonight.  Please refer to my review of it from last week

Late night entertainment was the “Romeo and Juliet” game show again.  It was pretty funny last week so we went again but found that they had the exact same jokes and made the exact same situation occur.   Even the end result was exactly the same.   

Frankly, as frequent cruisers who have seen similar game shows with more spontaneous results and truly unpredictable and hilarious outcomes we think that MSC Cruise Staff didn’t have to resort to using the same gags and jokes and create the same “rigged” end result as before.  

We even talked to the couple who “won” the week before who told us that they knew the “fix” was in before they started the game.  They were told how it was going to go and what they needed to do. 

If MSC Cruise Staff are just going to run what is essentially a scripted show, it makes us not interested to see the same show again in the future.  

I’m not going to tell you what the gag is nor the outcome but you know if you’ve seen it already.  No need to see it again. 

366A6BAC-1D99-4127-91D6-73EE1E8566AB.thumb.jpeg.0647cedcdbf467940997228950ced08d.jpeg

We were on a RCCL cruise with our kids years ago and walking into the main theater my husband was pulled aside by one of the staff. They asked him if he would like to be a part of the show and when he said yes they took him away and told him exactly where to sit and what to say and do when the comedian “randomly” chose him 

Our kids were in the balcony and had no idea that this was the case so when the lights came up and the guy seemed to randomly choose my husband to come up on stage the kids later told us they were very excited. 
What they couldn’t understand is why my husband (John from RI an IT manager) told the comedian his name was “Dave from Buffalo and that he was an attorney.”
It all played right into the comedian’s act and seemed completely coincidental and funny but we knew it wasn’t. 

So as you described your experience with the menu being repeated and the theater show being repeated as well as the Romeo and Juliet game being the same (by the way we assumed that was staged as we saw them talking to the couples before hand) this is my main concern with doing a B2B cruise on the same

ship. 
We were thinking of doing one on Seashore in January but you’ve pretty much helped us decide not to do it on the same ship. We’ll get off Seashore and hopefully jump on another ship in port for the next week. 
I realize they have an entertainment budget but I don’t want to go on the same cruise two weeks in a row I’d like a different experience as far as the entertainment goes. The menu thing doesn’t really bother me as there are a lot of choices but the shows and staff entertainment being repeated is a hard no for me. 

• Like 1