Curious what everyone is doing with excursions ?

Moosevilleco

Almost always book excursions not with Carnival. For Oct cruise alternate excursion site was only offering one excursion for one of the ports so ended up booking one excursion with Carnival.

Had the worse excursion I have ever been on through no fault of mine. It was due to someone else not following the requirements for the excursion and that affected our excursion greatly.

Carnival handled it well and refunded half the cost which was acceptable. If the excursion had gone as it should have it would have been an enjoyable excursion. Will continue booking outside of Carnival in the future.

• Like 2

We usually book on our own. However, with all of the changes we've had to make and ports being reshuffled, it was just easier to book with Carnival (did this with airfare too) so if the cruise or itinerary change, they take care of it. 

This is likely temporary for us during "pandemic cruising" but it's one less thing to worry about in a very challenging world of cruising. 

• Like 1

I tend to book Carnival excursions just because they herd me, and when I'm on a cruise, I like not having to think.  Just point me in the direction I need to go. For my cruise in a couple of weeks, I'm sailing with a blue card, and I'm letting him choose excursions.  We have a lot of OBC to use up, so we'll book on board.  I've booked my own, and booked with Carnival, and really don't see much difference in the Caribbean.  In Alaska, because the cost is so high, I extended some effort and I actually got a few price matches from Carnival--but that's the exception.

• Like 1