Shoreside Concierge email

CruiseNYC

2 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

We are on the Millennium leaving Fort Lauderdale on Dec 13.  

Ah okay - I know the Silhouette leaves that day and that shoreside concierge is off now for a couple of weeks.. 

To be honest you do et good and bad - our first one was very poor, but she had been replaced by a chap on our previous cruise and he was much better. 

I would email as above and chase them up. Not good that top suites are left without assistance. 

49 minutes ago, isdoo said:

Ah okay - I know the Silhouette leaves that day and that shoreside concierge is off now for a couple of weeks.. 

To be honest you do et good and bad - our first one was very poor, but she had been replaced by a chap on our previous cruise and he was much better. 

I would email as above and chase them up. Not good that top suites are left without assistance. 

I'm actually quite surprised.  We are seeing fabulous reports about Celebrity from almost everyone sailing since the restart.  It's a pity that our Shoreside Concierge experience has not been good thus far.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

@CruiseNYC Did you call the dedicated retreat line? Choose option 3, then option 2 and see if someone else can get your problems resolved.

Oh - didn't know that.  I think I'll try.  When I called on Monday, I selected option 3 but then someone picked up.  I'll try option 3 and then 2.

Thank you very much!

52 minutes ago, canderson said:

Not sure if this is the number you are using, but ...

1-877-RETREAT (798-7328)

Yes, thank you.  That's the one - pressed Option 3 - just getting a massive runaround.  They reiterated that I should speak with the Shoreside Concierge assigned to me.  I said I'd love to do that - but she doesn't return phone calls.  They're going to leave yet another message with her.

Celebrity receives such high marks for their ship experience.  Unfortunately, my experience with their customer service has been less than stellar.  This first reservation was booked directly with Celebrity.  All subsequent bookings were done with a travel agent.  

I would give a call back and just ask the person who answers the phone.   Some of the shoreside concierges are a bit flaky.     They have access to your records and can help out even if not assigned. 

I also sometime just send a -   SECOND REQUEST -  in Subject and CC Lisa.   Amazing how quickly you get a response.

3 hours ago, CruiseNYC said:

Yes, thank you.  That's the one - pressed Option 3 - just getting a massive runaround.  They reiterated that I should speak with the Shoreside Concierge assigned to me.  I said I'd love to do that - but she doesn't return phone calls.  They're going to leave yet another message with her.

Celebrity receives such high marks for their ship experience.  Unfortunately, my experience with their customer service has been less than stellar.  This first reservation was booked directly with Celebrity.  All subsequent bookings were done with a travel agent.  

Who is the concierge?

36 minutes ago, canderson said:

Aren't there usually 2/ship that work as a 'tag team'?

I was asking about the shore side concierge, just curious. I know they work with the concierge on the ship but contact pre cruise is with the shore side concierge

38 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I was asking about the shore side concierge, just curious. I know they work with the concierge on the ship but contact pre cruise is with the shore side concierge

No, I meant aren't there 2 shoreside for each ship that work as a tag team?  That's been our experience.  There should still have been someone responsive to needs for this ship even if one was out.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:10 AM, CruiseNYC said:

You are all wonderful - thank you so much!!  Very helpful to see what our list should include.

Ummmmmm - pillow preferences?  Not sure what that means.  Two or four?

Just thought of another question:  we've never done a B2B prior to this one but we've added a shorter, 4 night cruise onto the 10 night, December 13 sailing.  Are we allowed to order another 2 liters of Spirits for that one?

Thank you all, again!  We appreciate all the input. 

I think I’m about to give up on this Shoreside Concierge thing. This will be our first vacation in 2 years and I don’t want this negative contact - or lack thereof - to impact our overall cruise experience.

Jim - CC Lisa?  

• Thanks 1

Very pleased to report that the lovely Millennium Shoreside Concierge just phoned!  She responded to my questions and we went through the various set-ups for Spirits, mini-bar, waters, etc.  We made some celebration dinner reservations, too.

She also provided a dashboard priority label for the Uber driver as we arrive at the pier (even though it sounds like the boarding process has been quick and not as crowded as it had been pre-pandemic).

8 more days!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CruiseNYC said:

I think I’m about to give up on this Shoreside Concierge thing. This will be our first vacation in 2 years and I don’t want this negative contact - or lack thereof - to impact our overall cruise experience.

Jim - CC Lisa?  

You have the right idea.   I had trouble with our last and just gave up on her.   The Butler and Room Attendant took care of everything I need quickly and efficiently. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You have the right idea.   I had trouble with our last and just gave up on her.   The Butler and Room Attendant took care of everything I need quickly and efficiently. 

It is the workload impact on the butler and room attendant that bothers me most when shore side concierges are inefficient…As you say, the butlers will cheerfully sort you out once you board but if they do not receive information they will have set up the room ‘standard’ then have to reset it after meeting and greeting the guests. If they jointly have to swap and change beers, soda, spirits, pillows, arrange dining, sort out other miscellaneous requests for 8 RS and 2 PH that is a lot of unnecessary swapping and changing all at the time when their focus should be on ‘meeting and greeting’ guests.

In recent years we have had some really good shoreside concierges, one that made all the right contacts but then passed no information on and one we had to ‘chase’. If we booked a cruise last minute or upgraded to a suite last minute I would accept lack of contact as understandable but generally we will expect contact and will chase up if necessary…

We always take a copy of our email to the shoreside concierge on board with us just in case information hasn’t been sent so then the butler at least will have a list or our room and dining requests without having to jot down notes.

I do hope several recent comments on lack of contact/difficulties contacting is noted and acted upon…Good contact isn’t just about making our boarding smooth it is about enabling onboard staff to do their job once rather than twice…

• Like 2

Chemmo: I had not thought about it that way but you’re absolutely right. Having the onboard staff do it right the first time also makes for a great first impression for new passengers.

That said, the Shoreside Concierge who reached out yesterday took a lot of information. I’m hoping for the best.  Either way, any early missteps will not dampen my excitement.
I have learned so much from all of you on the various Celebrity CC threads.  We decided to take luggage with us (and not use a luggage forwarding service).  LarrysLimos will meet us at baggage claim, as someone had suggested.   We’ll Uber from hotel to the pier (with hotel staff assisting with suitcases).  We opted for Covid home testing kits - thank you all for letting us know that this was not a heinous task!  We ordered the reusable luggage tags from Amazon and paper luggage tags have been folded and are now ready to go. 

We leave for FLL in one week, overnighting at beachside hotel. 

9 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

Chemmo: I had not thought about it that way but you’re absolutely right. Having the onboard staff do it right the first time also makes for a great first impression for new passengers.

That said, the Shoreside Concierge who reached out yesterday took a lot of information. I’m hoping for the best.  Either way, any early missteps will not dampen my excitement.
I have learned so much from all of you on the various Celebrity CC threads.  We decided to take luggage with us (and not use a luggage forwarding service).  LarrysLimos will meet us at baggage claim, as someone had suggested.   We’ll Uber from hotel to the pier (with hotel staff assisting with suitcases).  We opted for Covid home testing kits - thank you all for letting us know that this was not a heinous task!  We ordered the reusable luggage tags from Amazon and paper luggage tags have been folded and are now ready to go. 

We leave for FLL in one week, overnighting at beachside hotel. 

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, chemmo said:

It is the workload impact on the butler and room attendant that bothers me most when shore side concierges are inefficient…As you say, the butlers will cheerfully sort you out once you board but if they do not receive information they will have set up the room ‘standard’ then have to reset it after meeting and greeting the guests. If they jointly have to swap and change beers, soda, spirits, pillows, arrange dining, sort out other miscellaneous requests for 8 RS and 2 PH that is a lot of unnecessary swapping and changing all at the time when their focus should be on ‘meeting and greeting’ guests.

In recent years we have had some really good shoreside concierges, one that made all the right contacts but then passed no information on and one we had to ‘chase’. If we booked a cruise last minute or upgraded to a suite last minute I would accept lack of contact as understandable but generally we will expect contact and will chase up if necessary…

We always take a copy of our email to the shoreside concierge on board with us just in case information hasn’t been sent so then the butler at least will have a list or our room and dining requests without having to jot down notes.

I do hope several recent comments on lack of contact/difficulties contacting is noted and acted upon…Good contact isn’t just about making our boarding smooth it is about enabling onboard staff to do their job once rather than twice…

My personal experience has been post Covid the Shore side Concierges I have dealt with on Millennium and Equinox has been mixed.   Millennium I had limited communications.   I was traveling in a Penthouse and Royal.    We spoke by e-mail and our needs which are always the same were taken.    I asked a couple questions - e.g.   Is there a special Suites luggage drop off and where.   I had to resend the question 3 times.   She finally answered when I had to cc Lisa's office.    She seemed to indicate that when they added SS's that they were overwhelmed. 

Millennium was much better but our 2 bottles of liquor were not there.   The butler asked what we ordered and said the Liquor Stores were closed and would bring in once we set sail.  I also had to ask for an extension cord that had been requests.   I just get to the point of saying to myself -  Why bother?

• Like 1

The only thing I can be sure about was that there was communication between shoreside and Constellation B2B in November. 

As a B2B, I recommended that we organize things as a single cruise.  No way we were going through 4L of booze in 15 nts (couldn't have managed that even in our younger days!).  I provided the shoreside concierge with a list of 4 good wines that appeared to be stocked, any 2 of which would be accepted in trade for the booze, and indeed, they were waiting for us on our minibar when we boarded.  OTOH, the requested extension cord was MIA.  So mixed results.

• Like 1

As you’ve both mentioned extension cords, I’m wondering if we’d need one.  I’m also considering bringing a roll of duct tape.  

Does anyone know if there is a coffeemaker in the cabin?  We’ll be in a penthouse on Millennium.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My personal experience has been post Covid the Shore side Concierges I have dealt with on Millennium and Equinox has been mixed.   Millennium I had limited communications.   I was traveling in a Penthouse and Royal.    We spoke by e-mail and our needs which are always the same were taken.    I asked a couple questions - e.g.   Is there a special Suites luggage drop off and where.   I had to resend the question 3 times.   She finally answered when I had to cc Lisa's office.    She seemed to indicate that when they added SS's that they were overwhelmed. 

Millennium was much better but our 2 bottles of liquor were not there.   The butler asked what we ordered and said the Liquor Stores were closed and would bring in once we set sail.  I also had to ask for an extension cord that had been requests.   I just get to the point of saying to myself -  Why bother?

It is posts like yours that need to be read by those in a situation to make changes….

As previously stated for higher suites (owing to bar set up, unlimited speciality dining etc) good communication pre cruise is as much for the benefit of on board staff as guests…

24 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

As you’ve both mentioned extension cords, I’m wondering if we’d need one.  I’m also considering bringing a roll of duct tape.  

Does anyone know if there is a coffeemaker in the cabin?  We’ll be in a penthouse on Millennium.

Thank you!

PH and our RS had Lavazza coffee makers, on Constellation.  Can't say if Millie is the same.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, canderson said:

PH and our RS had Lavazza coffee makers, on Constellation.  Can't say if Millie is the same.

Yes we did have a Lavazza  - and our Retreat Host brought us a pitcher of cream, too.  He gave me a crash course on how to use it and I loved having it.