Courtesy hold - UK

CocoCronut

Just now, downsmead said:

I thought it stopped a while ago for the U.K., not seen it available whilst booking on line.

Ah okay, that makes sense then! Courtesy holds space still show in my captains club account which was what confused me, I hadn’t realised it had stopped tho!

thanks

I don't know if there's a different policy in the UK, but in the US, we can still get a courtesy hold.  I got one just the other day, in fact.  What has really changed here is that there's no way to do it on line (some folks have gotten lucky and had a hold option appear, but the "place a hold" button is long gone) unless a chat box appears, which it doesn't always.  That leaves us with having to call in.  

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

... What has really changed here is that there's no way to do it on line (some folks have gotten lucky and had a hold option appear, but the "place a hold" button is long gone) unless a chat box appears, which it doesn't always.  That leaves us with having to call in.  

If you go all the way to the confirmation page and then click on the Celebrity logo at the top left, a pop-up comes on asking if you really want to leave or place a courtesy hold. Click the button and you are there.

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

If you go all the way to the confirmation page and then click on the Celebrity logo at the top left, a pop-up comes on asking if you really want to leave or place a courtesy hold. Click the button and you are there.

Thanks; I’ve read that before but it hasn’t come up for me. Perhaps I haven’t gone far enough. When you say go to the confirmation page, is that after you’ve put in credit card info to pay the deposit?  Just trying to understand how far you have to go. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks; I’ve read that before but it hasn’t come up for me. Perhaps I haven’t gone far enough. When you say go to the confirmation page, is that after you’ve put in credit card info to pay the deposit?  Just trying to understand how far you have to go. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

No the summary page with the "Lock it in" button.  Don't press that button, just click on the Celebrity logo on the top of the page.

What wrk2cruise said.

5 hours ago, CocoCronut said:

I think this might be a North America versus UK difference, as the ability to put on hold when doing the steps outlined isn’t given for me 😞

I have seen it in the last month or so - but only when I tried to exit a dummy booking. Not seen it recently.

So update on this, have spoken with celebrity and they CAN put a hold on cabins in UK, I was given the wrong information by their celebrity agent yesterday - very frustrating!!!

On captains club I’m currently elite, about to move into elite+ in about 50 points but this didn’t come into the conversation with them so didn’t seem that levels is a requirement. 

Edited by CocoCronut
  • Like 1