Covid Test On Board HAL

Bosch

Just wondering if any HAL passengers who were required to have a PCR test prior to flying home had it done prior to disembarkation in Port Everglades.  When was it done?  How long was the wait for test results?  Were results sent via email?

I had asked this of a few roll calls for which I was not traveling on.  One was a Panama Canal trip.  This person said they did get it at the pier after getting of the ship in Fort Lauderdale. It sounded like they were flying that day but maybe it’s my poor memory.  I’m flying from San Diego Sunday which doesn’t help you but the ship said they would test me Saturday.  I hope Canadians will post information on this so we can assist each other.

Not sure this applies now but in early November on our trans Atlantic Rotterdam cruise we were all tested onboard a couple of days prior to arriving in Fort Lauderdale and we got paper results back in our cabin the next day.

(I think testing everybody had to do with requirements to enter the USA but the test results could have been used to fly international post embarkation....but non USA folks were not allowed to board anyway)

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I don't know about Canada but for international flights back to the US you can use a self test.  Some airlines provide a link for a discount to purchase said test.  

Yes, air Canada does have one that is acceptable that you purchase through them that is acceptable to return to Canada .  I’d posted a couple days ago about it but quickly forgot again.  That may help the op just in case so thanks for bringing it up.  I flew air Canada down but won’t be using them to get home so unfortunately it doesn’t help in my case.

15 hours ago, Bosch said:

Just wondering if any HAL passengers who were required to have a PCR test prior to flying home had it done prior to disembarkation in Port Everglades.  When was it done?  How long was the wait for test results?  Were results sent via email?

Our friends are returning to the Netherlands when we get off the ship Sunday. They are having their tests done tomorrow after returning from HMC.

• Thanks 1

and is the PCR lab on the ship?  Note this is a PCR question.   I am asking this because have an Alaskan cruise returning to Vancouver Canada next year.

If you swab nose and stick it in envelope right away = Antigen.

If you swab nose and someone stick it in tube(?) = PCR

Peter

Edited by SFO PETER

45 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

and is the PCR lab on the ship?  Note this is a PCR question.   I am asking this because have an Alaskan cruise returning to Vancouver Canada next year.

If you swab nose and stick it in envelope right away = Antigen.

If you swab nose and someone stick it in tube(?) = PCR

Peter

My tests were put in a tubes both on the ship and at home.  Both were antigen.

1 hour ago, SFO PETER said:

If you swab nose and someone stick it in tube(?)

I saw tubes when tested on the Rotterdam last month....I tossed my paper record I was given.....

Given your cruise is next year, probably none of what I experienced will likely be relevant.....

5 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes, air Canada does have one that is acceptable that you purchase through them that is acceptable to return to Canada .  I’d posted a couple days ago about it but quickly forgot again.  That may help the op just in case so thanks for bringing it up.  I flew air Canada down but won’t be using them to get home so unfortunately it doesn’t help in my case.

Are the Switch tests ordered through Air Canada, only good for Air Canada flights?

Interesting.   On my recent Panama Canal cruise we were tested three times on board using Rapid Antigen.   All three times they used the Abbott Binax (yes the envelope said Abbott) and we stuck the swab in the envelope and left the test area.  Don't know what test the non US people received and when.

Note I am just stating what we did nothing else.

Peter

9 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

Interesting.   On my recent Panama Canal cruise we were tested three times on board using Rapid Antigen.   All three times they used the Abbott Binax (yes the envelope said Abbott) and we stuck the swab in the envelope and left the test area.  Don't know what test the non US people received and when.

Note I am just stating what we did nothing else.

Peter

At home and here both tests were performed by personnel.  I did no swabbing personally. 

Our group on Koningsdam last week were given our PCR tests on the day before disembarkation around 8am in the Medical Centre onboard. We got our results and the official certificate under our stateroom door about lunchtime and was able to continue with the ArriveCAN and get all that done 24 hours prior.

There was no charge for the test, it was done by appointment onboard with no waiting, and it was quick and efficient. Overall a thumbs up to HAL for handling this so well for the Canadian travellers in our contingent. 

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, YYC F/A said:

Our group on Koningsdam last week were given our PCR tests on the day before disembarkation around 8am in the Medical Centre onboard. We got our results and the official certificate under our stateroom door about lunchtime and was able to continue with the ArriveCAN and get all that done 24 hours prior.

There was no charge for the test, it was done by appointment onboard with no waiting, and it was quick and efficient. Overall a thumbs up to HAL for handling this so well for the Canadian travellers in our contingent. 

This is valuable information rather than saying there is no ability on board.  That would cause me to panic.  I didn't hear anything yesterday so I called the medical center at 3 and she was surprised that I didn't get the information.  I wouldn't be calling if I did.  My appt is this morning.

• Like 1

This is helpful to me to. I’m a US citizen booked on the Konigsdam for next August. We return to Vancouver and fly home the following day.  Getting tested and getting results onboard the ship would make things a lot simpler for us.  Thank you.  

Just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam in Ft Lauderdale this morning and needed to have a PCR test for my flight back to Canada.  The HAL website has said that tests would be done on day 5 or 6 on board.  When I inquired on board as I had not seen anything in the daily program nor anything delivered to my room and was told by customer service the test would be done portside after going through customs.  Got it done quite quickly without issue.  The test results were delivered by email within 30 mins of being taken.

• Like 1