Elite - 10% Excursion OBC refund?

phabric

With the Elite 10% discount for excursions, if I pre book excursions on my Personalizer -

1) Are they refunded at the begining of the cruise Or when each excursions has been taken?

2) Are all the OBC refunds lump together or per excursion?

8 minutes ago, phabric said:

With the Elite 10% discount for excursions, if I pre book excursions on my Personalizer -

1) Are they refunded at the begining of the cruise Or when each excursions has been taken?

2) Are all the OBC refunds lump together or per excursion?

I cannot answer your #1 but the answer to your #2 is that all your OBCs (including any refunds from the tour desk) goes into your On Board Account.  That account is actually further broken down by "refundable" and "nonrefundable."  Princess uses the Nonrefundable first as you spend money out of your account (such as in the shops, for photos. excursions, drinks, etc).  At the end of your cruise any "Refundable" OBC will be returned to you.  In the past we have received checks (in the mail) a few weeks after our cruise for refundable OBCs.  If you have a refund coming be careful not to throw away what you think is junk mail because the checks used to come from some obscure company (somebody else might remember the name).   If you need an explanation of what is refundable and what is non-refundable you can always stop by the Guest Relations counter and they will explain in detail.

Hank

2 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

We had several excursions booked prior to boarding on our cruises last month.  The 10% discount showed in our onboard account at the beginning of each leg.  

Did the refunds show up as one refund or separate refunds?

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

We had several excursions booked prior to boarding on our cruises last month.  The 10% discount showed in our onboard account at the beginning of each leg.  

Just curious if you know. If you actually used $$$ rather than gifted OBC from Princess to prebook the excursions, was the resulting 10% in OBC placed into your shipboard account refundable or nonrefundable?

If it is handled the same as that 50% discount on the Internet package, for Elites it’s concerned a discount, so it goes on you credits, but it’s Non-Refundable.  Even though the Captains circle girl onboard says it is, the finance department & passengers services desk on the Grand says you don’t get it back so spend it !! 
It seems to be one of those Princess things that one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing kind of thing.  On the Grand anyways.   Or they are making the benefit sound better than it is ??? 

• Thanks 1

Having been caught up in the dizzying refundable/non-refundable wifi quagmire on our recent Emerald trip, and since there isn't a discount for booking excursions early and there always seems to be "20 seats remaining", we've decided to hold off on booking excursions until on board.   

I hope this way they'll just give us 10% off the top to begin with so we don't have to worry with ensuing battle. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Having been caught up in the dizzying refundable/non-refundable wifi quagmire on our recent Emerald trip, and since there isn't a discount for booking excursions early and there always seems to be "20 seats remaining", we've decided to hold off on booking excursions until on board.   

I hope this way they'll just give us 10% off the top to begin with so we don't have to worry with ensuing battle. 

I would do the same!

13 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t the prices of the more popular excursions seem to inch up the closer they get to the sail date? I know we usually start with a bunch of military and SHB OBC and use it to book the excursions we really want to go on. Then as the cruise date approaches, those prices more often than not seem to be higher than they were when booked the excursions when they first came out.

19 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Thanks so much for explaining the excursion Elite discount.  We are on Enchanted Dec 30. Saw someone posted 3 islands would not allow passengers off to walk around (which we wanted to do), so I decided to pre book.  Once word gets out, all those “20 seats” might be taken quickly.  I would rather have something and cancel, than nothing.

Have to be even more flexible during Covid than usual!!  But cannot wait to cruise again 😁

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t the prices of the more popular excursions seem to inch up the closer they get to the sail date? I know we usually start with a bunch of military and SHB OBC and use it to book the excursions we really want to go on. Then as the cruise date approaches, those prices more often than not seem to be higher than they were when booked the excursions when they first came out.

We don't book enough Princess excursions that I've ever really noticed. But if the prices do increase, as they very well may (thanks for the heads up!), I'd really like to hear the experiences of others.