Covid Vaccination Status Requested from Celebrity

Loracpin2

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Anyone can call X directly and tell them you want to provide your Vaccination status. They will add it to your CC information and will have it for all future cruises. A TA can also do this.

This is not new. X started asking for vaccination status months ago.

Thank you. Will take care of this through our TA.  

On 11/20/2021 at 3:36 PM, cruisestitch said:

Yes but when I tried to provide that on the link they gave me, it was impossible to put in my date of birth. I could not populate that field so I gave up.

Yes, the app was buggy so I went to their website instead.

On 11/20/2021 at 3:36 PM, cruisestitch said:

Yes but when I tried to provide that on the link they gave me, it was impossible to put in my date of birth. I could not populate that field so I gave up.

The only way I could put the date of birth in was to use the calendar and scroll back, then click on the date from there. If you hold the cursor down over the arrow on the calendar it scrolls back very rapidly so not as difficult as you might think. Still annoying though. 

20 hours ago, royalcruz said:

The app says DATE OF FINAL DOSE.  So I put in the booster date. It has been accepted/verified. I suppose if your booster is within 14 days of the cruise it would be better to use the last date of your initial vaccines.

I also put in the date of my booster, since it shows on the CDC card and that is what I was uploading to Celebrity; I did not want there to be any discrepancy between the final date on the card and the date I had identified for my last shot.  (And Celebrity has since verified and accepted my vax status.)  I agree, though, that if someone has had a booster within 14 days of the cruise, it would be better to use the last date of the initial jabs, which right now is still the definition of fully vaccinated.

13 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Anyone can call X directly and tell them you want to provide your Vaccination status. They will add it to your CC information and will have it for all future cruises.

I'm not positive that they save that info.   We told them our vax status back in July when we booked a cruise for this September, and indeed it says on our booking confirmation that we are vaccinated.  But when we recently booked another cruise, we were again asked for our vaccination status. (And the agent had our Captain's Club numbers, so our account was right there.) 

Also, since the definition of "fully vaccinated" may change at some point in the future to include boosters, information that folks have given Celebrity this year may not be valid next year.

I got the email too, and my husband's info seems to be ok.  Mine is missing some things but it won't let me add the info--grayed out.

I also got a call last night from Celebrity asking for my vaccination status.  I have already scanned them into the app and the app now says only that we have to fill out the health quesstionaire on Saturday and then be tested on embarkation day.

I don't know if they know what is going on.

Note to add:  another email today about all the covid stuff--there sure won't be any excuse to not know what we need to do!  Also, now my info is all there ( I had entered it all originally, weeks ago).  Many bugs on the site and the app!

18 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Anyone can call X directly and tell them you want to provide your Vaccination status. They will add it to your CC information and will have it for all future cruises. A TA can also do this.

This is not new. X started asking for vaccination status months ago.

It is new, as it is now within the app for select ships and soon fleetwide.  That part is new with an aim to replace the need for checking at the port.

We're on the Apex December 11 sailing and are checked-in, though I haven't yet printed our edocs. The Celebrity rep asked for our vaccination status when we booked the cruise in September and we've received a couple of emails about pre-cruise Covid testing and protocols, but haven't been asked to upload our vaccination certificates. Am I missing something? Haven't yet taken a look at my app, perhaps I should.

C-Dragons, wait times being so long no one wants to call at the present. Last week I spent over two hours on the phone with my TA, who then called X, it seems to get longer and longer every time. Luckily the issue was resolved, so worth the wait. 

1 hour ago, prish said:

We're on the Apex December 11 sailing and are checked-in, though I haven't yet printed our edocs. The Celebrity rep asked for our vaccination status when we booked the cruise in September and we've received a couple of emails about pre-cruise Covid testing and protocols, but haven't been asked to upload our vaccination certificates. Am I missing something? Haven't yet taken a look at my app, perhaps I should.

You now need to upload your vaccination proof via the app as part of the check in process.

5 hours ago, isdoo said:

It is new, as it is now within the app for select ships and soon fleetwide.  That part is new with an aim to replace the need for checking at the port.

Vaccination status is a “yes” or “no” question. My TA was asked this by a X agent back in June for our cruise in July. She asked us whether we would be willing to share our vaccination status with X. We agreed and she passed the answer to X.

It doesn’t involve uploading your vaccination card info, which we have never done during our online check ins (2 so far). We show our cards as required at the port at embarkation.

Any Canadians able to advise on their experience if you’ve sailed yet? We do not have actual cards up here. It’s all done by email which you can print or you can get a digital copy with QR code.  Not sure you can upload these. 

36 minutes ago, sayvan said:

Any Canadians able to advise on their experience if you’ve sailed yet? We do not have actual cards up here. It’s all done by email which you can print or you can get a digital copy with QR code.  Not sure you can upload these. 

We are from Alberta.  We sailed on October 29 with 5 friends from Ontario.  2 of them tried to use your original forms that just say the information from the second dose, and that caused issues and they had to provide other proof.  The other 3 used your new QR code forms that also show both doses of the vaccine and the dates, etc., and that worked fine for them.  They need something that shows both doses, the type of vaccine and the date the doses were received.  I printed the Alberta QR code confirmations, similar to the Ontario ones, and that worked fine.

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 3:40 PM, Pennstatedj said:

No, also you will have to provide proof of vaccination at least 5 times during boarding. We did last month on the Edge. We are boarding on Monday on the Silhouette and have been asked already and expect to be asked again for proof several times. 

On Nov 13,2021 Reflection we were only asked once to show our vaccination card.  Hopefully

that is the new norm.

3 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

We are from Alberta.  We sailed on October 29 with 5 friends from Ontario.  2 of them tried to use your original forms that just say the information from the second dose, and that caused issues and they had to provide other proof.  The other 3 used your new QR code forms that also show both doses of the vaccine and the dates, etc., and that worked fine for them.  They need something that shows both doses, the type of vaccine and the date the doses were received.  I printed the Alberta QR code confirmations, similar to the Ontario ones, and that worked fine.

great info…thanks!  

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Silhouette today. We were only checked once for our papers on the test and the vax card. The whole process was very fast and no lines. We boarded at 1200. Our time to check in was 1230. 

Very few masks seen whole 11 days. Only to board and get off. We were told masks were needed in ABC islands but after off ship none were needed.