Flights by Celebrity

jshli

49 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I see you provided must more detail on the other thread about this same topic.

Just ignore this one has it is too late to delete.

Yeah, I went ahead and started a new thread because I had yet another question.  As for your previous post, yes, you make good points about pricing.  I wasn't intending to purchase Premium Economy seats as the screenshot implied, I happened to click on it to try to illustrate my problem.

I hope you are enjoying your cruise and that fantastic suite.

Edited by mahdnc

9 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Yeah, I went ahead and started a new thread because I had yet another question.  As for your previous post, yes, you make good points about pricing.  I wasn't intending to purchase Premium Economy seats as the screenshot implied, I happened to click on it to try to illustrate my problem.

I hope you are enjoying your cruise and that fantastic suite.

Got it, thanks.  We completed our cruise last month and yes, it was a fantastic suite.

4 hours ago, sasset said:

I haven't used Flights By Celebrity since it was called Choice Air. Anyone know if you book a business class flight, is it upgradeable with airline miles to first?

First, there is no difference between business class and first class anymore. Most domestic US flights with a 2 class cabin have first and main cabin. International flights on US airlines, mostly have business class with lay flat seating and main cabin or economy. Some airlines on international flights also offer a Premium Economy class on some flights and some planes, this is between main coach economy and business class. British Air ways on some flights that go to the UK do have a true first class with 4 or 6 seats beyond business class. When flying domestically in Europe first class is mostly a thing of the past and airlines like SAS, Lufthansa, KLM and Air France only have what they call European Business Class, with no true first class. Next June we are flying on American from DFW to St Thomas in first class. Our flight going to Miami from DFW is First Class on a 737 in row 2 but the flight from Miami to St Thomas in another 737 in the same seats, row 2, is designated as business class. The non stop return flight from St Thomas to DFW is also designated as business class.

To answer your question, I know from personal experience you can book main cabin Economy on American Airlines through Celebrity and upgrade with miles directly with AA to their Premium Economy. This can only be done after final payment and when the cruise line has paid the airline. I have never tried upgrading to business, but we now only book business class internationally when flying for cruises.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1